Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Angry Dodge Hellcat owner sets 7 rules of ownership, with a nod to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AH, love it, and sympathize so much. Remember when every new Tesla Roadster owner wanted to do a cross-country road trip (yes, me included) to prove it could be done and everyone else in the world asked why on earth would you do that? Remember when everyone took photo's of their EV parked on a gas station forecourt? I feel his pain!

I have to say, this thread has hit home for me. The P85D is the launch king and would take my "fun" car off the line everyday and twice on Sunday. You combine full torque at 0 rpm with AWD and a computer that matches the max power per wheel short of wheel spin, I wouldn't bet against it against anything street legal 0-30 mph. However when traction is no longer an issue and the competing ICE has enough rpm to produce good power, then it becomes the simple power to weight ratio. 4936 lbs being propelled by 691 hp works out to 7.14 lbs per hp, impressive but won't be winning against my little Track-T in a 1/4 mile. Yes it will nail me off the line but I will reel him in before the traps. You might ask why I'm confident in saying this? Easy, while my Track-T only has 526 hp from a 427, it weighs 1790 lbs, which is 3146 lbs less and instead of 7.14 lbs per hp, it is 3.40 lbs per hp. Besides it runs a 9.7 in the 1/4.

And it is a sleeper as you can see from this picture, a full engine cover that is so narrow most folks assume a 2.3 L Pinto engine and the exhaust is hidden.
DSC013201014x760.jpg

This is about the only time I can romp it, a freeway on ramp merging onto a steep uphill grade. About 2 seconds of full throttle in 2nd gear, then I had to decide 3rd or 4th. Since that 2 seconds had me go from 40 mph to 80 mph, I just skipped 3rd and allowed it to slow a bit in 4th.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a P85D instead of my CTS-V (and boy did I get static for saying that on the V Forum), but I bought the V new in 2011, which predates the Supercharger stations and the dual motor. I feel confident that electric is the way of the future and my CTS-V will be a throw back to another era. I've had the V for 4 years now and have just 8000 miles on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the photo and video of that gem, deckofficer.

Thanks for saying it is a gem Brian. It is a hoot to drive, been roaming the highways for over 20 years with 3 different engines and 2 transmissions. I'm just an old gearhead but to get back on topic, here is my 1st EV from about 15 years ago. That is my nephew foreground and my dad in the background.

Motor is an Etec, batteries are Odyssey AGM (pre-lithium days) and a 48 volt, 400 amp controller. If you can keep from flipping it, 0~40 mph is faster than my Corvette back then. Again it is that instant torque of electric motors because peak hp was only 25.7 hp, weight of scooter 105 lbs with batteries. In the near future I'll be swapping a bunch of 18650 cells to replace the lead acid AGMs. Should lighten it by 50 lbs.

DSC00004_21200x900.jpg

DSC000021200x900.jpg

Good thing the Hellcat in only usable for drag racing I guess...

The ending comments are really funny. Don't race any AWD cars, fancy spoilers or electric cars.

Next time anyone brings your Tesla to a track follow this guys rules, only drag a honda civic 94' stock and you will win and everyone will think you're super cool! *rolls eyes*

"you never let your girlfriend use the red key because she will wreck the car"

Unbelievable! What century is this guy living in? He also definitely needs some anger management lessons given his comments and tone. He sounds like one miserable sob.

I met up with a hellcat owner today. Unfortunately I didn't have time to get cameras setup.

0-60 on street tires they don't stand a chance.
A roll from 30 they catch up at 80 and will blow by around 90.
A roll from 60 and I could hang until 80 then he was long gone.

The top speed and torque boost can't come soon enough!

And a followup video: "MY RESPONSE to CRITICS regarding THE TESLA MODEL S"

Foul Language Warning!

#1 The Model S is too expensive (for what you get)
#2 the Model S P85 is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE (for what you get - compared to an S550 W222)
#3 The Model S P85D is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive for what you get (compared to the RS7)

Last edited by a moderator: