Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another $5k price increase for LR MS……

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Except it's totally transparent at Tesla. Good luck with that at dealerships
The difference though is the manufacturers of the vehicles aren’t market adjusting the prices, certain dealerships are. If you don’t like market adjustments with legacy car dealerships you can just shop around. You can’t do the same with Tesla. Smart on Tesla to control the whole process, bad for consumers as there is no negotiating the prices. Remember what happened to the last car brand (Saturn) that had no haggle car prices?

The difference though is the manufacturers of the vehicles aren’t market adjusting the prices, certain dealerships are. If you don’t like market adjustments with legacy car dealerships you can just shop around. You can’t do the same with Tesla. Smart on Tesla to control the whole process, bad for consumers as there is no negotiating the prices. Remember what happened to the last car brand (Saturn) that had no haggle car prices?
Incentives, rebates, dealer holdbacks, etc. are most certainly controlled by the manufacturers. This is their lever.

so what legacy dealerships are calling "market adjustment" is at Tesla just "we did another random price increase". outcome is about the same for the consumer
I've never paid more than sticker price at any dealership. Usually it's considerably lower and sometimes as much as 20% off MSRP.
With Tesla, you don't get to negotiate at all, so you pay whatever shows on the website at the time you place your order.
Then if you want to change colors or wheels, you are punished by the price change, the flip side is if the price goes DOWN you can cancel and re-order and you only eat the $100 order fee.

I'm going to guess there will be Tesla and non-Tesla prices at Superchargers. Some Tesla cars will still have FUSC, others will pay the lower Tesla rates per kWh and the other manufacturers' cars will pay two to three times the Tesla rate.

Still technically "open," just heavily disincentivized for non-Tesla drivers. Most of them would probably still rather deal with EA or similar for L3 charging, rather than an SC and a clunky/weird/expensive adapter.
This is also my bet. Just like EA has preferred/negotiated pricing for some brands.

It will open the network for emergency charging, but may not make it cost effective.

Right now, I'd love CCS emergency charging at EA stations. I mostly charge at home, but if an occasional trip takes an extra $30 to be successful and efficient I'd be all in.
until you realize that many of the dealers are owned by the same large group (Penske, Group One, etc).

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Incentives, rebates, dealer holdbacks, etc. are most certainly controlled by the manufacturers. This is their lever.

True. All manufacturers (including Tesla) "market adjust" prices whether it be through MSRP changes, incentives or whatever. It used to be that dealers could have more control over final transaction prices but now "savings" are almost entirely manufacturer controlled. In the past, rebates/incentives may have been 20% of the potential savings while the dealer discount was 80% (give or take) but now that is reversed as the markup from invoice to MSRP isn't nearly as much as it once was.

They are, but unlike Tesla, most dealerships count on customers returning to service their vehicles as the money maker. That’s why they individually negotiate prices on top of any incentives. Also why during this crazy car shortage time it’s harder to buy a vehicle out of state to save money. The dealerships know you won’t be back for service, so some are refusing to sell to out of state customers.

until you realize that many of the dealers are owned by the same large group (Penske, Group One, etc).
This doesn’t really matter, you can always shop around even if the dealership is owned by the same franchise. Each dealership in the franchise has their own allotments and quotas to meet. For any of the legacy manufacturers, it’s pretty easy to find dealerships owned by different franchises.

• Love
There’s absolutely no way Tesla goes through with this in the US if they aren’t getting a major piece of that pie.
I hope Elon is just blowing smoke...after being snubbed at the ev party at the White House, he should tell them to go pound sand.....let Biden build the chargers and the "little" 3 pay for them....I have free lifetime supercharging for my 2020 Model S and like ti travel.....but for people with other make of cars bogging does the tells superchargers is nuts.....maybe have 3-4 of 16 available with dual charging set ups....make the the non-tesla's wait....

Reactions: AMPd
I hope Elon is just blowing smoke...after being snubbed at the ev party at the White House, he should tell them to go pound sand.....let Biden build the chargers and the "little" 3 pay for them....I have free lifetime supercharging for my 2020 Model S and like ti travel.....but for people with other make of cars bogging does the tells superchargers is nuts.....maybe have 3-4 of 16 available with dual charging set ups....make the the non-tesla's wait....
Yeah I’m all for more ev’s but I hope Tesla doesn’t go through with opening up the network to other automakers.

Out of curiosity, how did you score FUSC on a 2020 S?

I thought this ended in 2017 (I too have FUSC) and only free 1,000 SC miles was a end of quarter incentive.

I am also curious if your FUSC is transferable or not.

Cheers

Out of curiosity, how did you score FUSC on a 2020 S?

I thought this ended in 2017 (I too have FUSC) and only free 1,000 SC miles was a end of quarter incentive.

I am also curious if your FUSC is transferable or not.

Cheers
it was part of the sales benefits.....mine is transferable too.....want to use it for trade or sale to get new CT3......but free charging is a very cool option and it will be hard to get rid of....especially now that gas is $4.899 at my shell station......my sister is law is really bitching because it costs her over $75 to fill up her car on regular.....this was the best choice of cars I have ever made......not just because of free supercharging, but because I did not have any of the hassle, arrogance and rudeness of the ICE dealers.....oh yea, no stress either....

• Funny