Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Model S feature wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't RFID a bit more precise? So they could detect where each key is and give priority to the one in the driver's seat? Might not work if your wife has both keys in her handbag though.

Error: Does not compute.
My 2011 Sonota can locate the key pretty well. Mind you, the car doesn't distinguish between her key and mine, but it does know what side of the car the key is on. Suppose I have a fob and am at the driver's side door and my wife does not have hers at the passenger side. She can not open the car, but I can. It knows if the key is inside or outside, and won't let us pop open the trunk even if someone with the key fob is near the driver's door. I'm guessing there just a lot of RFID detectors located around the car. If Hyundai can do it, I'm sure Tesla can do better.

So, yeah, if your wife has both fobs, she better be driving.

The window controls in the Betas were borrowed from Mercedes but do contain mirror control buttons also:

window conrtols.jpg

Pre-heat the battery pack while not plugged in (to the point where regen can be enabled).
I talked to Dan (don't know last name -- an engineer at Tesla ... ~employee #30; knows the electrical systems) who said the platform can certainly support it, and that this is an interesting idea (didn't believe it was implemented or that there were plans to do so). Would be great to at least be able to tell the car to heat the batteries (while not plugged in) via the iPhone app much like you can change the cabin temp.