Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti-Tesla Gibberish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When showing our Tesla's this weekend someone said Lou Dobbs had mocked the financing program. Could not find that but found this woman had some hate speech ready when talking about Fisker.

“This losing tax-subsidized venture joins other past losers like the Obama-subsidized Volt that gets 40 miles per battery charge, or like the Obama-subsidized Tesla that turns into a ‘brick’ when the battery completely discharges and then costs $40,000 to repair,” Palin wrote.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/...-romney-tesla-motors-losers-who-build-bricks/

Assisine, complaining about tire costs, specifically the 21s and that they wear down faster and cost more. Duh, they are summer tires made for performance. If you gave such and issue go with the 19 all season. Heck i dont see many corvettes driving in the snow.
The OEMs for the Tesla 19s are cheaper than the 19s for rge fusion titanium edition, dont hear him screaming out how unaffordable those are. Its not a econo car where you can get the Walmart special , 4 tires for 200.

Saw that yesterday. Here is another article with interesting comments.

Someone would like to watch this battle. Look at the juxtaposition choice.

00120065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_469b5687-f4ab-4992-a2ac-46c322b7a161_20130409192702_PalinMu.jpg

Apparently Bill O'Reilly took some ill-informed shot at Tesla yesterday too. It makes me sad. Being conservative is not about being ignorant, these people do not represent us well.
Ignorance isn't something that is just prevalent one side of the aisle or the other: it is equally applied in combination with gullibility to huge swaths of the population.

Why should one research and think for oneself, when one can copy/paste a witty sound bite in some social media app that expresses the opinions one purports to uphold, often without even having a clue whatsoever of any reality behind the sound bite.

If there were to be any voter suppression in this country, I'd be wholeheartedly in favor of it being based upon a simple test of competency, comprehension and lucidity given at the polling location on any matter being voted upon. That should really clear out the polls for the most part, as most people have no real clue what they are voting for / against, they are just voting based upon sound bites from talking heads.

There is a LOT of ignorant hostility towards the Chevrolet Volt and Tesla from many conservatives. You see it all of the time in the comments whenever there is any online story about any type of hybrid or BEV. Palin was just trying to throw some red meat to her dwindling number of fans, with what she probably thinks is an easy target. You would think that the fact that the Tesla is designed and built in America by non-union labor (I think) would make a difference, but the fact that Tesla took that DOE loan (that they are going to pay back early) makes them a target for attack for many people on the right. Honestly, I have a hard time understanding why so many people seem so threatened by BEVs. Nobody is going to come take their Dodge Durango or Ford Expedition from "their cold dead hands"... :)