Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anxiously waiting an AWD review / videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: SoCalGuy

So I've done a couple of dragy runs finally today but the problem is they're not great :confused:

I've never done anything like this before so had reached out to the guy who lent me it to see if I'm doing something wrong but long story short: 4.67, 4.78, 4.78.

Any ideas of what I'm (hopefully) doing wrong? I had it in the high 80s for battery level, roads weren't sloped or anything, stopped and pressed the brake to get in hold mode, then floor it.

I realized after the fact I had the AC and streaming music on, does that impact things? Should I put it in Park, then Drive instead of Hold? Other ideas???

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalGuy
So I've done a couple of dragy runs finally today but the problem is they're not great :confused:

I've never done anything like this before so had reached out to the guy who lent me it to see if I'm doing something wrong but long story short: 4.67, 4.78, 4.78.

Any ideas of what I'm (hopefully) doing wrong? I had it in the high 80s for battery level, roads weren't sloped or anything, stopped and pressed the brake to get in hold mode, then floor it.

I realized after the fact I had the AC and streaming music on, does that impact things? Should I put it in Park, then Drive instead of Hold? Other ideas???

upload the video!:)

That might be the actual speed of the car... although it would be uncharacteristic for Tesla to advertise a speed that consumers/reviewers can't easily obtain or beat.

Bummer. Is there a "1 ft rollout" setting in Dragy that perhaps isn't enabled?

Bummer. Is there a "1 ft rollout" setting in Dragy that perhaps isn't enabled?

In talking with the guy who lent it to me, it sounds like I just need more practice and a better place to do it (I.E. drive out to the boonies). I was having to go about 15 minutes between pulls and just randomly drive around to find straightaways with good roads and no people or other cars. Frankly I was having to rush so much the 4.6 run was the only one I felt decent about so I think there's a couple of tenths there if I can find a better spot. I can use an app to record my screen for the next go arounds if people are interested?