Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Confirmed P90DL Orders Successfully Transitioned to 100?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get their order changed for the $10k fee?

I made the request today. I ordered a little over two weeks ago and pushed my delivery back to October. In process of confirming that I will get it. Apparently my planned end of line is close, but based on the company's statements I should be able to get it.

Anyone get their order changed for the $10k fee?

I made the request today. I ordered a little over two weeks ago and pushed my delivery back to October. In process of confirming that I will get it. Apparently my planned end of line is close, but based on the company's statements I should be able to get it.

I'll find out tomorrow when I am supposed to confirm order. I have a P90DL on order, considering the P100DL upgrade for $10K!

I received an email invitation from Tesla this morning to upgrade. So any worries I had about not being able to, or something going wrong, are gone!

Forgot about this thread, looks like you had already confirmed a P90DL and then successfully upgraded to the P100DL. I confirmed my P100DL order on Wednesday and am currently in the production queue.

So was it about 2 weeks from confirmation to production for you?

I asked my DS for the upgrade and he confirmed it (my car was slated for mid 2017 delivery due to availability of gray seats). Also changed from gray next gen to ultra white non-perf. The "My Tesla" page, however, is still showing the P90DL. Did anyone that asked for the upgrade to the P100DL see the upgrade confirmed in their "My Tesla" page?

I asked my DS for the upgrade and he confirmed it (my car was slated for mid 2017 delivery due to availability of gray seats). Also changed from gray next gen to ultra white non-perf. The "My Tesla" page, however, is still showing the P90DL. Did anyone that asked for the upgrade to the P100DL see the upgrade confirmed in their "My Tesla" page?

I've been told my order is confirmed, but still see P90D on my tesla page too. Would be nice to see it updated there too at some point..

• Helpful
Reactions: Ohji
I have had the strangest interactions with Tesla this week. I had a P90DL on order for delivery in early September. I told them I wanted to upgrade to the P100D for $10K - was told it was ok and could be done in time (especially since the announcement from Elon said this was possible). Then got another call saying Oops - can't do, but will deliver the P90DL and then put me at top of the list for a retrofit late this year or early next for a $10K upgrade fee. However, although I am leasing, they will not roll the $10K fee into the monthly lease payment, and I would have to pay the entire $10K when I get the upgrade. I reminded them that the retrofit is their idea and solution - mine is to get the P100D now. They also reminded me that if cancel now and order the P100D, then I lose the entire $2500 deposit. I asked to apply that deposit to my new P100D order, but no can do. Have escalated and am waiting for a solution that works for all. Very unsatisfying experience when I am prepared to lease a $150K car.

Also had a Tesla rep tell me that I could stick with the P90DL which is a great car and gets 294 miles on a charge. I politely reminded him it gets 270. It would be great if they knew more about their cars than their customers who have not yet owned one.

I am sure I am in the minority with this experience, but really not what I expected.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy

Check your my tesla page again, my design spec now shows P100D!

Reactions: K Hall
I have had the strangest interactions with Tesla this week. I had a P90DL on order for delivery in early September. I told them I wanted to upgrade to the P100D for $10K - was told it was ok and could be done in time (especially since the announcement from Elon said this was possible). Then got another call saying Oops - can't do, but will deliver the P90DL and then put me at top of the list for a retrofit late this year or early next for a $10K upgrade fee. However, although I am leasing, they will not roll the $10K fee into the monthly lease payment, and I would have to pay the entire $10K when I get the upgrade. I reminded them that the retrofit is their idea and solution - mine is to get the P100D now. They also reminded me that if cancel now and order the P100D, then I lose the entire $2500 deposit. I asked to apply that deposit to my new P100D order, but no can do. Have escalated and am waiting for a solution that works for all. Very unsatisfying experience when I am prepared to lease a $150K car.

Also had a Tesla rep tell me that I could stick with the P90DL which is a great car and gets 294 miles on a charge. I politely reminded him it gets 270. It would be great if they knew more about their cars than their customers who have not yet owned one.

I am sure I am in the minority with this experience, but really not what I expected.

So sorry to hear about this. I hope they can fix it! I went through some interesting interactions with them too (they wouldn't give me the P90DL with old pricing and new seats), but ultimately got things worked out.

Reactions: K Hall
So sorry to hear about this. I hope they can fix it! I went through some interesting interactions with them too (they wouldn't give me the P90DL with old pricing and new seats), but ultimately got things worked out.

I know that you upgraded to the P100D but your initial experience with the P90D is similar to my situation as you recall. Since I also want the premium seats over the nextgen in my build, I assume that I will have to pay the price difference, ie. $3K instead of $2.5K for AP? I also paid the $2.5K deposit back in late June so can I also assume they will let me roll that over to the new build? My delivery date isn't until the end of this year.

Forgot about this thread, looks like you had already confirmed a P90DL and then successfully upgraded to the P100DL. I confirmed my P100DL order on Wednesday and am currently in the production queue.

So was it about 2 weeks from confirmation to production for you?

I ordered P90DL on 8/4. I had requested an early Oct delivery. When the 100 was announced I indicated to DS that I wanted to switch. Was told at that time that mine is about to go into production as a 90DL with premium seats, and I would get the 100 battery later.

Turns out they are able to get the 100 battery in there now and production began this past Thursday. My page is updated for the 100. One oddity is that the original 2500 option for the next gen seats still has a row and is an item, but the text is blank. Presumably because it switched to the premium and they don't have that automated to populate.

I ordered P90DL on 8/4. I had requested an early Oct delivery. When the 100 was announced I indicated to DS that I wanted to switch. Was told at that time that mine is about to go into production as a 90DL with premium seats, and I would get the 100 battery later.

Turns out they are able to get the 100 battery in there now and production began this past Thursday. My page is updated for the 100. One oddity is that the original 2500 option for the next gen seats still has a row and is an item, but the text is blank. Presumably because it switched to the premium and they don't have that automated to populate.

At least your DS responded to your request in a timely manner, thus was allowed to make this happen for you!

I know that you upgraded to the P100D but your initial experience with the P90D is similar to my situation as you recall. Since I also want the premium seats over the nextgen in my build, I assume that I will have to pay the price difference, ie. $3K instead of $2.5K for AP? I also paid the $2.5K deposit back in late June so can I also assume they will let me roll that over to the new build? My delivery date isn't until the end of this year.

I did have to pay the price bump as if it was a new order, including AP, premium package and base price to get those new seats. They should be able to roll over your deposit into a "new" order. Everyone was caught off guard by this announcement and I was told by my OA that any changes made after my confirmation date would probably be honored without a fee.

Same here. My tesla page shows P100D, but also has a row with a blank field for the seats (with price of 2500). Hopefully its just a glitch and we both get the new seats! From a manufacturing standpoint, I think any P100DL with a premium package is getting those seats anyway? Not sure next gens would be any P100D build.

I will say I think the DS and non-corporate employees are very much figuring this out as it moves along. That's the way Tesla rolls out new things, as you all know. So it can be a little chaotic for some of us during these transitions.

I assume you mean non Fremont HQ employees?

Tesla doesn't franchise so I don't see how there can be a non corporate location.