Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick up my car maybe as early as today...VIN 183XXX I am pretty certain that I won't have the new lights but it definitely won't have radar (I had to agree to the changes). To be honest I don't really like driving at night anymore and since the pandemic started I honestly don't drive much at night now anyway. I will post build date and details after pickup.

They took radar sensor out on 4/27. I doubt they will make any additional changes that add risk that would cause them to miss the end of quarter deliveries. I would not count on new head lights. All the MY LR at the Carlsbad SC have the old head lights. Built 5/16 and 5/19.

Attachments

• VIN_1.jpg
    VIN_1.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 93
  • VIN_2.jpeg
    VIN_2.jpeg
    850.3 KB · Views: 64
  • VIN_3.jpeg
    VIN_3.jpeg
    871.1 KB · Views: 75
  • MY_Headlight.png
    MY_Headlight.png
    201.5 KB · Views: 79
  • MY_Carlsbad_SC.jpeg
    MY_Carlsbad_SC.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 77
They took radar sensor out on 4/27. I doubt they will make any additional changes that add risk that would cause them to miss the end of quarter deliveries. I would not count on new head lights. All the MY LR at the Carlsbad SC have the old head lights. Built 5/16 and 5/19.
Well, unfortunately I think this pretty much seals it. If the LR models being built on 5/19 don’t have the global lights than it’s probably safe to say it’s not gonna happen.

Reactions: Platini and DGMVW
Is the built date the day it leaves the factory or the day it started its stay in containment? If it's the former, it could've been assembled in April.
The build day is the day it is actually built. Mine was built on 4/21/21 for example.

If you have a VIN along with other account data you can even ask Tesla when it was built. I used the Chat app on Tesla.com and the rep passed me over to the right group to get my build date of my car.

It is not when it leaves the factory that is a whole other set of dates.

• Informative
Reactions: Yoliber
I believe it started early this year. There are numerous reports in the model 3 forum. At first it looked like only M3P were getting the upgrade but now it looks like its on all the variants of M3
This 2021 a wire harness change and software update is nothing to a company like Tesla.
Well, unfortunately I think this pretty much seals it. If the LR models being built on 5/19 don’t have the global lights than it’s probably safe to say it’s not gonna happen.
This is 2021 a wire harness change and software update is nothing to a company like Tesla.

Last edited:
This 2021 a wire harness change and software update is nothing to a company like Tesla.

This is 2021 a wire harness change and software update is nothing to a company like Tesla.
Dude, I get it. You really want the global headlights to come with the LR model; I do, too. All your posts make that clear but replying to two people with the exact same comment is not gonna make it happen. At least not in Q2’21. Next quarter or next year? Sure, maybe — but the bottom line is we currently have zero evidence to suggest it’s going to happen anytime soon.