Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any risks ordering inventory cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up an inventory car yesterday. If the renders are close to the real thing, looks kinda like a new Prius. Also, if rumors are true, I’d prefer stalks. I’d expect the prices to be higher for the new models, too. Between the inventory discount and federal/state rebates, it was hard to pass up.
Yup, the discount and the rebates automatically made me buy one. M3RWD for me is my daily driver. Since I have a model S in the garage which made it easy for to choose this. For $37,840 plus the fed rebate and state rebate, it’s no brainer. Cheaper than any decent car available.

Yup, the discount and the rebates automatically made me buy one. M3RWD for me is my daily driver. Since I have a model S in the garage which made it easy for to choose this. For $37,840 plus the fed rebate and state rebate, it’s no brainer. Cheaper than any decent car available.
Splurged a bit and upgraded to the sport 19” rims; that was $39,240. 😁 Not a fan of hubcaps. So far so good though; car shows 273@100% SoC; 6 more than rated. Wife’s new daily and she’s lovin’ it. Happy wife, happy life!

Splurged a bit and upgraded to the sport 19” rims; that was $39,240. 😁 Not a fan of hubcaps. So far so good though; car shows 273@100% SoC; 6 more than rated. Wife’s new daily and she’s lovin’ it. Happy wife, happy life!
Congrats! Amazing deal. Happy wife happy life. I kinda splurge on getting her the S 21” for the boss girl. That’s why I got the cheapest possible combo. If Tesla sells 17 inch for $1k less I’ll take it. Lol. His and hers from existing inventory discounts
IMG_4792.jpeg

Reactions: JBT66 and Black306
absolutely beautiful!! this is my dream garage right here

I had my dream Tesla garage with a 2021 M3P (red + white interior) ... a 2023 MX (ultra red + white) ... 3 Powerwalls ... and 2 Gen 3 Wall Connectors.

Then Tesla's service was just absolutely rubbish and the MX had to get lemoned out. Then Tesla told me their cars are all prone to failure where they stall on roadways... so and anyone actually interested in safety shouldn't buy Tesla because stalling = fine. So I've sold those two Teslas.

Saw the discounts and decided to jump on a M3P, blue with MSRP just under the 55k mark, discounted to 51k and then the 7500 tax credit. 43k for a performance model is a crazy good deal! I currently have a 19 long range that has given me 93k trouble free miles and still rides/drives like new. Selling it to my son for the trade value, he is thrilled. Given the current car market these are some killer deals. I see some people saying they will wait for 24 models but I am sure the prices will jump considerably. If you’re in the market get one! 👍

Reactions: Michael24
Saw the discounts and decided to jump on a M3P, blue with MSRP just under the 55k mark, discounted to 51k and then the 7500 tax credit. 43k for a performance model is a crazy good deal! I currently have a 19 long range that has given me 93k trouble free miles and still rides/drives like new. Selling it to my son for the trade value, he is thrilled. Given the current car market these are some killer deals. I see some people saying they will wait for 24 models but I am sure the prices will jump considerably. If you’re in the market get one! 👍
I agree, I was 2 days early for the additional 3 months of free supercharging. With the rates here in SoCal during peak time at 50 cents and up, that’s a great value since I drive 1.5k miles easily a month. Btw, I’m just being greedy now. Lol

Reactions: VRUNNER
What’s everyone’s thoughts on buying an inventory model 3? Price is pretty good but it looks like a new one may be coming out. Hold off? It’s a work car
They are awesome deals right now.

Same thing happened with the Model S refresh.

The worse thing? you don't get to experience of the anticipation for weeks waiting on your car.

Reactions: DocHolliday
Placed an order for an inventory M3 RWD on Friday. When I went to pay on Saturday, Tesla had raised the price $210. Didn't catch it before paying. Contacted my manager, says he will fix it. He said that happened to several buyers Saturday. Not good, Tesla. A deal is a deal.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Placed an order for an inventory M3 RWD on Friday. When I went to pay on Saturday, Tesla had raised the price $210. Didn't catch it before paying. Contacted my manager, says he will fix it. He said that happened to several buyers Saturday. Not good, Tesla. A deal is a deal.

Thanks for letting us know. I’m supposed to take delivery tomorrow, WTH

You have NEVER bought a new car from a dealer then. It's pretty much a guarantee that some stupid fee gets added.

But I'm not sure why you seemed to be complaining, they are going to fixe it aren't they?

You have NEVER bought a new car from a dealer then. It's pretty much a guarantee that some stupid fee gets added.

But I'm not sure why you seemed to be complaining, they are going to fixe it aren't they?
Dear ewoodrick, I can see from your insult why you are a 'well-known' forum member. In answer to your false assumptions: First- this will be my fifth Tesla, so I have plenty of new car buying experience, especially Teslas. (Wrong on point one.) Second- I am not complaining, I am informing this forum's members in case they were one of the many who were overcharged. This was not some stupid added fee, even if you are an expert on stupid. (Strike two.) Have a great day.

Reactions: Alonzo and Hiline
Dear ewoodrick, I can see from your insult why you are a 'well-known' forum member. In answer to your false assumptions: First- this will be my fifth Tesla, so I have plenty of new car buying experience, especially Teslas. (Wrong on point one.) Second- I am not complaining, I am informing this forum's members in case they were one of the many who were overcharged. This was not some stupid added fee, even if you are an expert on stupid. (Strike two.) Have a great day.
The you should have realized that it seemed to be an honest mistake that was rectified.