TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any sr+ deliveries come with type 2 charge cable

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Krazymuthafuka, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Krazymuthafuka

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone that has taken delivery of an sr+ received the type 2 charge cable with their car?

I was on to the service center today about my delivery next week and asked if they had the cables in stock. They told me they only come with performance model?

Then I checked the website. Where it states:

The Type 2 cable, which allows you to charge on public infrastructure, is provided with every new Tesla*
    Check the per-country overview below to find out which public charging networks are most common per country.
    * Please note these cables are subject to availability and may need to be supplied after your delivery date.

Attached Files:

2. Tattersky

Tattersky Member

Pickled my SR+ up and there was no type 2 in the boot. I queried this and they fetched me a short one without any fuss.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

I've heard mixed reports so have bought one in advance.... Will find out in very soon though....

4. davidmc

davidmc Member

All cars come with a type 2, there have been reports of cable shortages so if they don't have one when you pick up they will post it to you.

5. widodh

widodh Model S 85 and 100D

This is happening in the Netherlands as well. Seems like a shortage of these cables.

At Mennekes they are probably doing their best to produce as much cables as they can.

6. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

I've actually had two in preparation now, but the first one I returned as the plastic tip broke off one of my pins. I *think* it was Rolec, but there wasn't any actual branding in there...

7. widodh

widodh Model S 85 and 100D

As far as I know all cables delivered by Tesla are from Mennekes. Those are the blue cables, 32A 3-phase and 6m long.

• Informative x 1
  8. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

That's what I bought for my second one, so if it comes with one I can eBay it. Was bloody expensive.

9. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Mine did. I have read of shortages though ... would have thought Tesla would have said "Cable to follow" ... but given the take-off-transporter-wash-then-hand-over they may not actually check ...

10. Krazymuthafuka

Thanks all. She had told me that they didn't have any in stock but that it wouldn't come with the sr+ anyway. So I'll see what happens when I get there and argue my case if needed.

11. Marc Roberts

Marc Roberts Member

Mine came with one :)

12. Bernard_S

Bernard_S Member

I think Tesla was counting on everybody buying a Tesla charger with its tethered cable. Hence the rush to buy some in. The Tesla charger is not SMET2 compatible so not sure if you can get the government grant for fitting one.

13. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

It Tesla wanted everyone to buy the Tesla charger they should have had it approved by OLEV otherwise people are going to go with what's available rather than pay full whack for both the charger and the install.

And even if I had a tesla charger I'd want a type 2 as it's used for destination chargers out and about.

• Like x 1
  14. Tattersky

Tattersky Member

It is a Mennekes blue 3-phase, but mine is shorter than 6m; probably around 3-4m.

• Informative x 1
  15. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Waiting patiently for a tow

Huh? Whats a wall connector got to do with being SMET2 compatible? TWC is not a smart charger which is now mandatory for the OLEV grant (hence reason why TWC does not qualify for grant but iirc I'm not sure it even did before), but smart charging and SMET2 have nothing to do with each other, other than smart 'chargers' can take advantage of variable electricity pricing as offered by smart and economy style tarrifs, but there is no connection between the two for it to become incompatible with.

16. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

No, Tesla Wall Charger has never qualified for OLEV grant.