Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tips to slow down when autopilot disables from not looking at the road?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried enabling "Elon mode"?

1703870741095.png

Human drivers are supposed to be aware enough to learn and determine when and how to engage Autopilot.
Autopilot needs to know for certain, that the Human is aware, engaged, educated and fully capable to keeping within the driving parameters.
Human needs to keep their "eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel". They should be aware that Autopilot is only a drivers aid, and not a driver replacement.
Stupid people have posted themselves sitting in the back seat, reading a book, while Autopilot is keeping their car on the road. Others place attention on their cell phones and endanger themselves and those around them. Many people blame the Autopilot, when it is the Human that is to blame.
Some Humans claim that they are incapable of using their own vehicles in a safe manner. They should not be out on the roads.

It seems to keep getting harder to not have autopilot disengage. Any tips/tricks to slow down or stop how "sensitive" it is?

Maintain a forward view of the road. Maintain torque on the steering wheel.

I have a tendency to not hold the steering wheel until it nags me. If I maintain hand weight on the wheel, it almost never nags me, even if I look away.

While it would be great if we could be more lax with driver monitoring, the regulators have other ideas based on the poor behaviors of a few careless operators. I’ve found that some minor adjustments to my behavior can greatly reduce the annoyance of the nags.