Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot breaking for roundabouts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive the same route most days, and have been accostumed to having to disengage autopilot when i near a certain roundabout because it does not slow down on autopilot

In fact i dont ever recall it ever slowing down for a roundabout in the past. (6 months of ownership)

Now it seems it is slowing down for roundabouts (Still unable to navigate the roundabout using autopilot, as soon as i enter it freaks out and disengages) but atleast it slows down.

Is this a new feature i did now know was implemented or has it always done this and i have just not noticed ?

Reactions: beachmiles
I am not expexting it to do roundabouts, i was just puzzled that it suddenly slows down for roundabouts when on standard autopilot, i have not had that before.

I wish NoA was more affordable, would have liked to have it for motorway driving, but the price is just not realistic, especially since i am paying for 5 features but only getting 2 (And a promise that the other 3 might some day be implemented).

FSD makes no sense here as the only difference between NOA and FSD is "Auto stop for stop signs and red light"

I am not expexting it to do roundabouts, i was just puzzled that it suddenly slows down for roundabouts when on standard autopilot, i have not had that before.

I wish NoA was more affordable, would have liked to have it for motorway driving, but the price is just not realistic, especially since i am paying for 5 features but only getting 2 (And a promise that the other 3 might some day be implemented).

FSD makes no sense here as the only difference between NOA and FSD is "Auto stop for stop signs and red light"
Understood just noting your request/concern will likely never mature since autopilot was provided for only multi lane highway use not for city streets or roundabouts. That would be dangerous and not what it was designed/sold for. Good luck.

Understood just noting your request/concern will likely never mature since autopilot was provided for only multi lane highway use not for city streets or roundabouts. That would be dangerous and not what it was designed/sold for. Good luck.
I would argue that a simple "map aware" feature that would begin to slow the car down before a roundabout would be an increase in safety and rather easy to implement.

I know BMW for example already has this, i have a friend whose BMW does this.

I dont expect basic autopilot to do the actual roundabout, but i think it is great that it now, atleast in some roundabouts seem to slow down by itself.