Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any update for FSD wide release?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although the barrier will be slowly lowered, I think that system (or a very similar one) will remain permanently there as long as the system still remains L2.
I doubt it.

It will remain L2 but won’t have any safety score gating. But they will continue to have strict monitoring.

This will let Tesla say they have delivered on the “FSD” promise and recognize revenue on most purchases - except early ones where they claimed door to door hands free driving.

For those early FSD purchases I’d like Tesla to offer some kind of settlement to get out of the obligation at that point.

I have been scanning software update data on Teslafi and Teslacope and noticed some cars with less than 400 miles on the ODO got enrolled with FSD beta in the past 48 hours. Two cars jumped from firmware 2021.44.25.2, straight to 2021.44.5.6 (FSD beta) with very little time or miles in between.

I originally thought that only cars who put in some time and hours on the ODO would get enrolled, according to Tesla's public notice on the FSD beta program. Apparently, there are cars that are fresh off the conveyor belt that get enrolled into the FSD beta program in short time.

I doubt it.

It will remain L2 but won’t have any safety score gating. But they will continue to have strict monitoring.

This will let Tesla say they have delivered on the “FSD” promise and recognize revenue on most purchases - except early ones where they claimed door to door hands free driving.
I consider any strict monitoring system where they may kick you out semi-permanently (as in not just for a single trip that you can reset from park), "a very similar system" (which is why I added that part). The barrier may be lower than it is now for FSD Beta, but it's not the same as having close to no barrier like it is currently with AP.

I have been scanning software update data on Teslafi and Teslacope and noticed some cars with less than 400 miles on the ODO got enrolled with FSD beta in the past 48 hours. Two cars jumped from firmware 2021.44.25.2, straight to 2021.44.5.6 (FSD beta) with very little time or miles in between.

I originally thought that only cars who put in some time and hours on the ODO would get enrolled, according to Tesla's public notice on the FSD beta program. Apparently, there are cars that are fresh off the conveyor belt that get enrolled into the FSD beta program in short time.
You just need 100 miles with SS above 98 … doesn’t take long if you know what you are doing.

I consider any strict monitoring system where they may kick you out semi-permanently, "a very similar system" (which is why I added that part). The barrier may be lower than it is now for FSD Beta, but it's not the same as having close to no barrier like it is currently with AP.
Got it - I’m only talking about entry.

I don’t think courts will side with people who abuse the system and “endanger public safety”.

Can you elaborate by what you mean by "doesn’t take long if you know what you are doing."?

FYI, I have been nursing a SS of 100 for the past couple weeks. I received update 2021.44.25.2 instead of the x.6 for FSD beta. I wrote to Tesla Asking whether they placed weight on whether those miles are earned from AP or manual driving. The linked me too am official Tesla statement that contends that driving mode (i.e. AP, manual) plays no factor in the SS formula. Which leads me to wonder, what else can I do to get an invite sooner than later?

Can you elaborate by what you mean by "doesn’t take long if you know what you are doing."?

FYI, I have been nursing a SS of 100 for the past couple weeks. I received update 2021.44.25.2 instead of the x.6 for FSD beta. I wrote to Tesla Asking whether they placed weight on whether those miles are earned from AP or manual driving. The linked me too am official Tesla statement that contends that driving mode (i.e. AP, manual) plays no factor in the SS formula. Which leads me to wonder, what else can I do to get an invite sooner than later?
I was talking about getting SS of 100 over 100 miles. You can’t control when they push you beta update.

You should get it in the next few days, now that 10.8 update to existing testers is nearly done.