Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to stop the schedule update box from popping up on the screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's stricter for sure, wouldn't say overly sensitive just new parameters.
Why would the AI think you're not using it properly? If you drive with hands on wheel and eyes on the road you won't get beeped at.
FSD has been overly sensitive to me. If I glance down for a split second to change the radio station or climate control, it starts freaking out. Because of this I rarely use it and use EAP 99% of the time. If EAP is going to be nagged the same as FSD I do not want the update.

Is that true? Does the car lock you out if it doesn't update? Genuinely curious whether you could never update.
No, but at some point you’ll want some feature(s) that an update provides, and if you have the car serviced, they might force you to update. Also, since this update includes a recall fix, Tesla could in theory force the update, but I don’t know if they actually would.

Meanwhile, you’ll see that update prompt every time you get in the car, unless Tesla cancels the update.

FSD has been overly sensitive to me. If I glance down for a split second to change the radio station or climate control, it starts freaking out. Because of this I rarely use it and use EAP 99% of the time. If EAP is going to be nagged the same as FSD I do not want the update.
Makes sense to me, can't tell you how it would behave for sure tho. Updating does seem inevitable at some point, unless you prefer out of date autopilot software...!
Similarly, I keep getting the "Connect to WiFi" prompt because the car sits in a dead zone. Annoying to see every time I start the car.

If you turn on pin to drive, when you step in the brake, the pop up goes away and is replaced by the one to enter the pin.

Or just ignore it, step on the brake, shift to drive, and it's all good.

I'm also waiting to install this update, not because of any AP changes, just because they smashed so much into one update, and had to patch it several times. I don't think the other shoe has dropped yet, there's a higher than normal risk of further issues. Remember the destroying of the heat pump by accident with the holiday update a couple years ago? Stuff happens, they rush the Holiday update, they added a recall to it, and in the best of times, they are not the most rigorous about updates anyway.

I'll wait up to a couple months to see what went wrong, thank you very much.

The Park Assist Upgrade is worth upgrading for if you don’t have it yet, especially for parking lots. Also, if you’re using FSD Beta, you might get an upgraded version. We have 2023.44.30.6 in both of our cars and I haven’t noticed any new issues.

I am declining the new “recall” that cripples AP. Every time you start the car a box pops up on the screen requesting you schedule the software update. Is there any way to stop this box from popping up?
I'm also holding off on the Holiday update due to the issues I've heard about with incessant nags when using autopilot. I use AP just about every time I drive my M3P and if I started getting nags all the time I would likely stop using it (and be really bummed!).

How does the update cripple AP?
It doesn't. Drive like a responsible person and it's no different than before.

If I glance down for a split second to change the radio station or climate control, it starts freaking out.
Do you keep one hand on the wheel when doing so? Does "freaking out" mean a slight nag?

Y'all: it's very easy to ignore the install pop up. Just ignore it. Don't ever click the x. Just step on the brake and shift into D or R.

If you have to go into settings while in Park, just hit the car icon. You never have to interact with the pop up window. Even if you want to use Navigate, just click the map, away from the pop up.

I avoided the 2021 holiday update for 5 months, no problem. Got to the point where I didn't even register the reminder in my brain, it was a such a habit to ignore it.

Now we use PIN to drive, makes it even easier to ignore the pop up.

Thanks for the responses. I’m a complete moron for not realizing it goes away when you put the car in drive or reverse. I was always manually hitting the X as soon as I started the car. I don’t drive the car often, it’s mostly my wife’s car, but I should’ve tried that.

Reactions: Foxsbiscuits