Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought a "raven" Model S in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try this URL: view-source:http$://www.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNXXXX

You will need to replace $ with s and RNXXX with your own reservation number. I was able to find my VIN that way after weeks of Hidden VIN status.

I order a MX LR on 9 July. The VIN I found through this method appears real based on the Model X orders database and was likely built the week after my order. Since finding my VIN last weekend I have since heard from Melbourne Delivery and my car is due on 24 September.
Thanks. Tried this but no luck. I travelled through Sydney and visited the Tesla store to find out what was happening. This prompted a call from the delivery team who advised that no vehicle was yet assigned and delivery would likely be in October.

Anyone reconsidering their purchase now that these "Plaid" Xs and Ss are coming out next year?
I don’t think there is really anything in the pipeline.
I think “plaid” is just Elon’s cheeky term for an over-spec’d motor for racing. Probably sacrificing longevity and reliability for a few extra kW.
The Raven motors are the latest and greatest, and will probably be around for a few years. The original motors have been around for a few years.
Having said that, Tesla is always improving things, so whenever you buy you can always find a reason to wish you’d waited. But then you’ll never get one!

Anyone reconsidering their purchase now that these "Plaid" Xs and Ss are coming out next year?
Yes I am, but I am reassured by the timeline. I'll enjoy this one knowing there's even better to come.
I think I'll get at least 18 months out of the Raven- the Roadster is my next car assuming it's all it's cracked up to be. I'd rather keep a car three years plus, but I've been wanting the Roadster since that crazy unveiling video.

Reactions: baillies
I don’t think there is really anything in the pipeline.
I think “plaid” is just Elon’s cheeky term for an over-spec’d motor for racing. Probably sacrificing longevity and reliability for a few extra kW.
The Raven motors are the latest and greatest, and will probably be around for a few years. The original motors have been around for a few years.
Having said that, Tesla is always improving things, so whenever you buy you can always find a reason to wish you’d waited. But then you’ll never get one!
When the Roadster arrives it will have Plaid. That was always going to happen. The "performance"version will have the Space X option.
It makes sense that the S and X have a P version with Plaid. Not everyone wants a 2 seater, but most want the acceleration. Should also be substantially cheaper than the Roadster.

When the Roadster arrives it will have Plaid. That was always going to happen. The "performance"version will have the Space X option.
It makes sense that the S and X have a P version with Plaid. Not everyone wants a 2 seater, but most want the acceleration. Should also be substantially cheaper than the Roadster.
Maybe, but my gut sense is that the “plaid” motor in the race car is just some custom over-volted P motor they put together to go for the record, and that the true “plaid” production motor doesn’t exist yet, and probably won’t for a year or so.

I find it surprisingly unpleasant driving non-Teslas after having had one for a while. More unpleasant than i would have expected. I think it's the whole package, but especially the low-down torque, the quiet and the AP in traffic that i miss.

Agreed! I have a few cars to choose from ( currently driving a new S560 Coupe) but I love the Tesla S. Have had 7 of them ( and 2 Model X) so this is the first time in 5 years have not had access to at least one! Trying to get updates from delivery team has been difficult. I assume due to flood of Model 3 orders.

9 Tesla's? That's more than 1/yr on average. Is that right? How come if you don't mind me asking?

Ah..I am a bit of a car enthusiast and tend to play around a bit! Some of them were bought used in between waiting for new orders to arrive and I was also involved in starting a zero emmisions limo service in Adelaide ( which is still running now) so I had 4 at one time at one stage. I guess I just really like them....

Just picked it up(first Raven in the country delivered, I think).
DEFINITELY better built than my first two. Much better panel gaps- even and narrow, as they should always have been.
Quieter, but PMSR motor whine at 20ks or less is louder. Or at least different.
Many small changes in the plastics inside and out. All for the better- stronger and better fitted .Screen response is snappier , and camera seems better, more definition and contrast.
Regent seems a little stronger than the P90D, but haven’t punched it year.
AP calibrated in 15ks or so- works same as before so far.
More comments to come.