Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone buy a preowned S or X and have Free Supercharging limited to 400kWh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a 2017 Model S that had free supercharging installed as an option. I even called Tesla to run the VIN and verify it had free lifetime supercharging. Then, when the car got transferred to my account, it showed on my Tesla account that I was only allowed 400 kWh per year, or about 1,000 miles. Has this happened to anyone else? I know others who have bought used (not even CPO) Teslas and retained the free supercharging. As soon as this vehicle was added to my account, the benefit was changed. I'm livid.

I even called Tesla to run the VIN and verify it had free lifetime supercharging. Then, when the car got transferred to my account, it showed on my Tesla account that I was only allowed 400 kWh per year, or about 1,000 miles.

Well that is "free lifetime Supercharging", just not free unlimited lifetime Supercharging. ;)

From their FAQ:

My Tesla includes 400kWh of credits annually—how do those work?
Certain Model S and X vehicles ordered before November 2, 2018 include annual Supercharger credits of 400kWh, or roughly 1,000 miles

I just bought a 2017 Model S that had free supercharging installed as an option. I even called Tesla to run the VIN and verify it had free lifetime supercharging. Then, when the car got transferred to my account, it showed on my Tesla account that I was only allowed 400 kWh per year, or about 1,000 miles. Has this happened to anyone else? I know others who have bought used (not even CPO) Teslas and retained the free supercharging. As soon as this vehicle was added to my account, the benefit was changed. I'm livid.

I’m surprised that you still get 400kw / year for free on a used car purchase.

Did you buy it from Tesla CPO ?