Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone else see this as kind of gaudy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't, but that doesn't mean I like it all that much. Some of the elements are pretty cool, but the whole looks more like something from a Disney spaceship ride than a luxury auto.

I agree that those air vents are ridiculous. I can go with "gaudy" on those.

Not gaudy. Can’t decide whether I like so much screen in front of the windscreen. And is that a long cluster of buttons in the centre below the dash?
The air vents are a little ostentatious. They look like mini warp manifolds from a Star Trek craft.

The stuff on the voice recognition reminded me of what happens in my current car. “The ability to recognize natural speech means he or she just has to say "I'm cold," rather than specifying a temperature.” As the human-car interface I’m forced to reply ‘And? That’s a statement, not a request. Do you want a blanket? Or do you want the heating up?’

That steering wheel looks a bit familiar ... :cool:

I watched a video on it and while it looks neat it will be a pain to use while driving. I find touch pads in cars to be awful and knobs work much better. I think the Tesla interface is much more intuitive. I also have a Mercedes C300 and the media interface is garbage. Rest of the car is great but the command system takes a long time to get sued to.