Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else surprised by the lack of news?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reveal event is in 3 days. After that, we're looking at a minimum of about 18 months before first deliveries.

I don't think Tesla will need much in the way of teasers to generate sustained interest. As things stand, there's already a niche industry of car paparazzi that sells spy photos to the major industry publications. We'll have plenty of camo'd prototypes to drool over as the Model 3 gets closer to production.

Get ready for endless speculation on how the Model 3 design will evolve, both inside and outside.
Did that happen a lot with the model s? We're there a lot of changes from the prototype till the deliveries began?

Did that happen a lot with the model s? We're there a lot of changes from the prototype till the deliveries began?

The Model S exterior changes were fairly subtle, and the overall car looked pretty much the same as the prototype.

The big changes were on the inside. The front dashboard, driver's LCD, and center LCD, are housed much differently.

My local store told me explicitly there will be no photos and wanted to make sure that I understood I'd be putting a deposit down on a car I couldn't see.

And with all the hype of getting up early Thursday to go put my money down, I won't make it until 11:30pm ET....

Luckily I work from home on Fridays, so I'll be able to break down the reveal event video frame by frame, Zapruder-style. LOL

https://www.teslamotors.com/model3

I'm pretty sure this is doing something different to what it was doing a few days ago.

Yes it is 404 Not Found right now... but until very recently, it used to redirect back to the home page, if I recall correctly. Perhaps they are setting things up :)

It does exactly the same thing if you type model 4. Or model 12. But, I'm sure that the website is 99% done by now. They're undoubtedly pounding away like maniacs looking to root out any possible screwups that people will over-analyze with an electron microscope. Not that anybody does that here! :rolleyes:

"PM"? Does that mean an on-line reservation? Not taking the day off after all?

No, I AM taking the day off.....but in order to get to Natick with the mall walkers, I'll likely need to be up at 5:30am-ish.....

11:30 at night (the reveal event) will likely require lots of caffeine. And then I won't be able to sleep after.

ahh, the joys of attempting to live an active lifestyle with a sleep disorder

No, I AM taking the day off.....but in order to get to Natick with the mall walkers, I'll likely need to be up at 5:30am-ish.....

11:30 at night (the reveal event) will likely require lots of caffeine. And then I won't be able to sleep after.

ahh, the joys of attempting to live an active lifestyle with a sleep disorder
OK, I misread your prior post as "with all the hype about going early, I can't make it early after all." Never mind.

OK, I misread your prior post as "with all the hype about going early, I can't make it early after all." Never mind.

I'll be there, I'll just spend all day Friday analyzing every part of the reveal event, with lots of coffee.

It works out nicely, because my home setup is much nicer than the office setup. I'll chromecast the whole thing onto the TV and watch it in HD goodness.