Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got 2018.12 beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does 2018.12 include the navigation update?

No. You can get the 2018.12 update and still be on the old maps.

For some people (e.g. a subset of the subset), after getting the 2018.12 update, they then later got a maps update, which is when the transition to the new maps happens.

So you have to win the lottery twice right now, it seems. So far nobody on .10.4 has received the maps update (to my knowledge).

No. You can get the 2018.12 update and still be on the old maps.

For some people (e.g. a subset of the subset), after getting the 2018.12 update, they then later got a maps update, which is when the transition to the new maps happens.

So you have to win the lottery twice right now, it seems. So far nobody on .10.4 has received the maps update (to my knowledge).

Hmm, that's interesting. I'll ask the SC when I go to pick up my car tomorrow AM. On my app, it shows the car is updated to the 2018.12 5eadc71 software. But it's interesting to note that some folks with same version have the new maps! This is a silly question -- could it be that new MCU cars have that Nav update too.....or has anyone with older MCU reported the new maps too. Curious what their version shows.

Hmm, that's interesting. I'll ask the SC when I go to pick up my car tomorrow AM. On my app, it shows the car is updated to the 2018.12 5eadc71 software. But it's interesting to note that some folks with same version have the new maps! This is a silly question -- could it be that new MCU cars have that Nav update too.....or has anyone with older MCU reported the new maps too. Curious what their version shows.
Old MCU owners have reported the new maps too. But the majority of 2018.12 users do not have the new maps yet.

Reactions: markn455
I got 2018.12 Yesterday and found no difference. Not in the release notes and not anything in Maps or the screens or anything. I am in the Netherlands

I just checked a reddit thread on this and there it says: “Model S/X: North America Only Introducing new Navigation (Beta)”

Interesting, I don’t remember seeing this qualification anywhere else. It would’ve been prudent for Elon Musk to say that the rest of the world is still screwed with this fantastic new update before getting our hopes up.

Yesterday I was driving the major traffic arteries around Amsterdam and most of those were still completely wrong even though the reconstruction has been done for a year. If Mr. musk ever visited the European Tesla factory in the Netherlands, he better not drive back in one of his cars to the airport because he would never get there.

I got my car back from SC for Wi-Fi and reboot issue on Tuesday, but none of them got fixed after they updated my car to latest 2018.12, of course, no new map either. But they said they can continue work from their server side without me involved.

This morning, when I started my car, I noticed I got the new map, the Wi-Fi also started working too. Tesla must have done something remotely.