Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone just receive this email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just receive the same email at exactly 12:00 noon today. I have a Red AWD FSD Model Y with a white interior.

It would be nice if in the app there would be a countdown for the number of days until delivery. When your are working and busy you have to much to keep you busy, but I retired 8 months ago and find myself thinking about the car just about every hour...

"We appreciate your patience and will contact you with available delivery dates as soon as possible. Soon, you’ll be able to go anywhere with up to 316 miles of range and Tesla’s expansive Supercharger network."

compositor

Same! And my loan app expires today so I guess I will need a second hit on my credit. Also, haven't been able to connect with delivery advisor. She called me last week - didn't leave a message (I recognized the number) but voicemail and email have gone unanswered. I can extend my loan app for one more month and I was wondering if it's worth doing or not...

For what it's worth, my delivery advisor called last week to discuss my request to add the tow hitch to my order, and she said the factory would open over the weekend (she was right). She also said they are running 5-7 weeks at the moment on Model Y. But I don't know if that's new orders or backlog.

Also, she said that orders with the tow hitch will take longer than those without, and that it will be way quicker to have it installed after the fact.

Reactions: beezy
For what it's worth, my delivery advisor called last week to discuss my request to add the tow hitch to my order, and she said the factory would open over the weekend (she was right). She also said they are running 5-7 weeks at the moment on Model Y. But I don't know if that's new orders or backlog.

Also, she said that orders with the tow hitch will take longer than those without, and that it will be way quicker to have it installed after the fact.
That is exactly what I wanted to hear.... Thank you....

Wait what is this VIN finder magic you speak of? It says it can "read and change your data Tesla.com"

That is a good catch for sure. So the bottom line is on any browser you can inspect the code. I usually use chrome and then all you need to do is a find while looking at the code once you are logged into your account and do a search on "5YJY". If you get a hit you have a vin if you don't you haven't been assigned a vin yet.

• Love
Reactions: durjosep
That is a good catch for sure. So the bottom line is on any browser you can inspect the code. I usually use chrome and then all you need to do is a find while looking at the code once you are logged into your account and do a search on "5YJY". If you get a hit you have a vin if you don't you haven't been assigned a vin yet.
I installed the Chrome Extension. While logged in I did a search for 5YJY. What am I doing wron or missing?

I installed the Chrome Extension. While logged in I did a search for 5YJY. What am I doing wron or missing?

Gotcha - yeah after I read this I went into Safari Developer tools and pulled up the code. No VIN for me yet!

If you installed the chrome extension you just need to click the button for it to do the search. It should be on the top of the browser to the right with a Red Tesla Icon that you just need to push.

Here is some better instructions on how to get to the page source.
  1. Open your browser and navigate to the page for which you wish to view the HTML. (once you are logged into the Tesla Account and I would suggest clicking on the manage my account section first.
  2. Right-click on the page to open the right-click menu after the page finishes loading.
  3. Click the menu item that allows you to view the source. ...
  4. When the source page opens, you'll see the HTML code for the full page.
  5. Then do a find for "5YJY"
Hope that helps.

• Informative
Reactions: kryslaurelle