TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anyone know what this part is? SIM module?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by emir-t, Dec 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. emir-t

emir-t Member

Hello all;

I thought Model S sim card was located behind the touchscreen, connected directly to the motherboard, making it difficult to replace for unsupported countries. I derived that from this old thread; Where is the SIM card located?

Especially after the recent update blocking wifi use while in Drive or Reverse gears it has become more and more difficult to be connected for users in countries like ours. We're trying to find a way to change sim card ourselves so someone has sent me a picture. It seems that a box-like thing with a "SIM" entry, connected with a cable towards the back of the touchscreen. Did Tesla change location of SIM? (This is a 90D)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

US cars are behind the touch screen. I've heard (but not personally seen) that European cars are more accessible. These photos seem to confirm this.