Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone like the New Model 3 smell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... make a cologne out of it. "Elon's Musk". This would drive me crazy.
tenor.gif

P.S. It didn't give me a headache like some of them do, so that was a plus. Don't really miss it though.

Congrats on your P3D+! You finally got the car you wanted.:cool:

Are you gonna bring it to track once the track mode is released?

Hahaha, thanks. Highly debated it, but after seeing how much stress it puts on the car I'm a bit hesitant to...maybe one day.....

I was originally hoping that Track Mode would allow me to turn on/off particular settings in the car like a more advanced tweaker version but from what I understand now its a simple on/off mode.

Hahaha, thanks. Highly debated it, but after seeing how much stress it puts on the car I'm a bit hesitant to...maybe one day.....

I was originally hoping that Track Mode would allow me to turn on/off particular settings in the car like a more advanced tweaker version but from what I understand now its a simple on/off mode.

We will whine at Elon incessantly for granularity.

Who overclocks their video card with just an on/off button?!?!?!?

There’s gotta be more nuance like a gear setting for everything else..

I loved the new smell from the HVAC heater. But now after about week three of ownership it has been replaced with a strong "wet paint" kind of smell. If I turn on the heater and fan it blows the smell out but anytime the car sits for a while the paint smell comes back. I'm vin 110###. Anyone else getting that issue?

I love the smell so much, I would snort lines of it if I could hang around the detail center.

Surprised they don't just package this *sugar* up and make a cologne out of it. "Elon's Musk". This would drive me crazy.
What if they package this *sugar* up and sell it as a $2,500 option? You know, the “Scent upgrade package”. Bet you’d check the box.

Personally not fond of the smell ;)

Reactions: MXWing
I could be a cockroach and I would buy Elon Musk branded RAID spray if it was for sale.

There's a lot of smart people here, yourself included that could save Tesla. No idea on why they can't get certain things together.

I've sadly found its easier to make your cheddar somewhere else.. buy a Tesla rather than than work for Tesla. :(

Adding in some TSLA at 262.30 in the after hours trading. Let's see if my love for the brand is going to kill me...

Guess free super charging lets me live out of the Model X and 3 if house gets foreclosed on.
My favorite head-scratching moment with Tesla so far is when I asked the local SC why they didn't carry merchandise and they said "because we can't keep it stocked."

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155 and MXWing
I loved the new smell from the HVAC heater. But now after about week three of ownership it has been replaced with a strong "wet paint" kind of smell. If I turn on the heater and fan it blows the smell out but anytime the car sits for a while the paint smell comes back. I'm vin 110###. Anyone else getting that issue?

I actually been also smelling "paint" type smell when I first get in the car and have the HVAC on with AC it usually goes away after a few minutes of having it on and driving. The smell might be related the materials the dash uses maybe?

Anyways, I've purchased my favorite car air freshener – Air Spencer Squash and placed it in the cup holder.

It may smell nicer but it is still a toxic soup of chemicals. I had to use alergy medicine a few days into getting my M3 to stop a massive spate of itching on my legs, shins, and feet... so I opened the window a bit after that to clear all those chemicals out.

I've had my Model 3 since March. The new car smell is still slightly detectable when you first get in. But pretty much gone now. Also, no more weird smells from the HVAC, though I've always expected weird smells from HVACs so was never an issue.

I love new car smells. might give that spray a try.