Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please express your displeasure at Tesla. I know I will.

I don't believe there is a technical limitation. Going to investigate in my own car shortly if swapping chargers is viable.

I certainly have expressed my displeasure to Tesla. Right about now though....Tesla seems to be a deaf ear about a lot of things customer facing.

Hopefully enough of us will ask and the numbers will mean more that a single voice.

oh wow, I dont know about this option at all new to Tesla, Too bad Tesla should have left that option open.
Here is how it used to look when you could order it from the factory:

71EFA851-60DF-411B-924A-0B80829F3391.jpeg

Reactions: srachamallu
AS per Tesla website, I dont see any adv of having more than 48A unless two connectors are sharing same breaker or Tesla website is not updated.
View attachment 420631

It's more that the website has been updated.

Up until December there were options for faster charging, which is why the chart has all of those higher current options that show constant rates for all the cars.

Tesla discontinued that, and correctly updated the chart to reflect current production, which is less capable than Teslas of the past.

I don't see the need for > 48A 99.9% of the time. Maybe if you're a rural realtor driving 400 miles/day with clients and need to do a major top-up over lunch? Not trying to be disparaging, but what is the actual need for > 48A? 48 is enough to charge any Tesla in < 10 hours (overnight) at home. In my 3+ years of electric driving I've yet to see a single L2 charger in the wild capable of more than 48A charge power, so no use there. Where did you guys use 72A, and to what benefit? I understand that there's theoretically a scenario where you roll in somewhere with a low charge and have to charge up and get back on the road, but even at 72A that's a PITA--more than 4 hours for 3/4 of a charge vs a bit over 6 at 48A. Both scenarios suck if that's the need.

I take back the comment about never having seen an L2 that can do > 48A. Some Tesla Destination Chargers can, but they're generally paired or in quad setups, and if even one other vehicle is charging, you're limited to 40A even in those scenarios.

I'm legitimately curious, as 48A seems like the clear call for Tesla to have made.

Biggest thing is it would be cheapest for my car to charge between 12am-6am. With the 72A my car finished before 6am. With my electric plan I get 0.09 cents for super off-peak.

Now it sometimes takes 8+ hours with the 48A.

Biggest thing is it would be cheapest for my car to charge between 12am-6am. With the 72A my car finished before 6am. With my electric plan I get 0.09 cents for super off-peak.

Now it sometimes takes 8+ hours with the 48A.
I didn’t even bother responding to that post. It was like saying you don’t need internet speeds over 1Mbps since you’ll get your download no matter what. ¯\_(ツ)_/

Your post on the other hand was well said!!

I don't see the need for > 48A 99.9% of the time. Maybe if you're a rural realtor driving 400 miles/day with clients and need to do a major top-up over lunch? Not trying to be disparaging, but what is the actual need for > 48A? 48 is enough to charge any Tesla in < 10 hours (overnight) at home. In my 3+ years of electric driving I've yet to see a single L2 charger in the wild capable of more than 48A charge power, so no use there. Where did you guys use 72A, and to what benefit? I understand that there's theoretically a scenario where you roll in somewhere with a low charge and have to charge up and get back on the road, but even at 72A that's a PITA--more than 4 hours for 3/4 of a charge vs a bit over 6 at 48A. Both scenarios suck if that's the need.

I take back the comment about never having seen an L2 that can do > 48A. Some Tesla Destination Chargers can, but they're generally paired or in quad setups, and if even one other vehicle is charging, you're limited to 40A even in those scenarios.

I'm legitimately curious, as 48A seems like the clear call for Tesla to have made.

Next version of Model S/X coming with 32A only charging. Why not right? You can get by, you're not a realtor.

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks
Next version of Model S/X coming with 32A only charging. Why not right? You can get by, you're not a realtor.

Yeah. I can understand why they might decide to stop making it standard on 100 packs if they think the need is rare.

But if they already have a hardware design for it, why not keep the option open for retrofit at whatever price it needs to be profitable?

Looks like I have h.265 codec on the sentry files. So I have a Raven model?

Maybe after the new SW update today 100% charge will show more than 296 mi.

H.265 means you have AP3.

Not the same thing - Project Raven is the switched reluctance motor and adaptive suspension and ceramic wheel bearings.

The adaptive suspension is the easiest to look for - it adds a pair of buttons to the suspension screen in the menus.

H.265 means you have AP3.

Not the same thing - Project Raven is the switched reluctance motor and adaptive suspension and ceramic wheel bearings.

The adaptive suspension is the easiest to look for - it adds a pair of buttons to the suspension screen in the menus.

The adaptive suspension settings I have are very low, low, standard, high and very high. Also there’s an always or never setting for the auto adaptive. Is this what you’re talking about?

The adaptive suspension settings I have are very low, low, standard, high and very high. Also there’s an always or never setting for the auto adaptive. Is this what you’re talking about?

what is your build date on the sticker seen when you open the drivers door?

also what is the last letter of the part number on your HV battery? you can tell by looking down near the passenger front wheel and shining a flashlight towards the battery pack