Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already have one. :)

Sounds like you're all set.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Zorg
Interested on how you traded in your 2016 Model X for a 2019 Model X? I also have a 2016 Model X and would like to get a 2019. Did Tesla take your 2016 in on a trade?

For the first time in my life I just just traded it in at Tesla (first time taking a dealer trade in - I've always sold my cars private before). It's hard selling high value cars privately and mine was a bit beat up so I just let Tesla take care of it. Super easy. Drove it to the delivery center, and drove back with my new one.

For the first time in my life I just just traded it in at Tesla (first time taking a dealer trade in - I've always sold my cars private before). It's hard selling high value cars privately and mine was a bit beat up so I just let Tesla take care of it. Super easy. Drove it to the delivery center, and drove back with my new one.

very nice did you get the FUSC with your 2019 Ravel LR model X?

You're not alone, but it's also not every HW3 Raven. There's a lot of discussion about this in the 24.4 thread lately, including a statement from a service center that they've stopped installing 24.4 because they found bugs (but TeslaFI shows the rollout continuing. Maybe they stopped installing 24.4 on a certain group of cars.)

Just got 2019.24.4

I just got the first update since delivery, 2019.28.2.

Reactions: dblankenbaker
Yeah. Two months later they get FUSC and Ludicrous free for everyone (DMV decided it was a dealer discount and made me pay tax on Ludicrous because of the way Tesla did it, even though Tesla's supplied paperwork had a taxable value that didn't include it.)

That's annoying, but that's life with Tesla sometimes.

I wouldn't bet that FUSC will be here forever though. We'll see.

That sucks. NJ does not have sales tax on EVs, or I would likely have faced the same.

I just received my Model X performance yesterday, and upon closer inspection, I found a few issues and I'm not sure what to do about it. Wondering if service can fix something like this or is it better to return the car and see if they can build me another.

1. Hood has 3 minor indentations that are noticeable if you look at it from a certain angle.
2. Trim above the middle LCD screen is slightly bent.
View attachment 432515
3. Chrome trims on rear side windows sticks out when looking at it from the rear.
View attachment 432516 View attachment 432517
4. Paint imperfections. One of the imperfections is under the chrome trim as shown in this video.
5. Chrome trim misalignment by falcon wing door.
View attachment 432520

I was hoping that by now Tesla would have improved on build quality, especially since I come from a early 2012 Model S P85 and also own a early Model 3, but seems like there are still issues. Let me know if you guys experienced any of this and what you guys think is the best thing to do. Waiting to hear back from my owner advisor to see what they say.

Update here. Everything was put on the due bill and the service center took it in for repair. When the vehicle was taken in, the service advisor and the technician acknowledged the 3 indentations in the hood, and said they would have to be taken to the body shop for repair. I received the vehicle back tonight and all issues are fixed to my satisfaction except the 3 dents in the hood. My service advisor seemed to be avoiding me, and his manager was the one I spoke to. I asked what was exactly done for the hood, and she said they sanded down the whole hood and repainted it. I asked how that would be able to fix the hood dents and they said that it was written that there were 3 dirt inclusions or craters on the hood. We then began a 10 minute conversation on why I seemed unhappy, and I stated that I received a vehicle with 3 dents in the hood and I was assured that all the issues would be able to fixed, otherwise I was within the 7 day vehicle return. She mentioned it would be ridiculous to return a vehicle just for that since you can only see the dents at certain angles and tried to downplay that it's not a big deal. On the other hand, I argued that if I paid that much for a car, wouldn't I want a car that had no issues or dents in the vehicle. What sucks more is that now is that I can see a swirls all over the hood and a small mark on my right front quarter panel after examining the vehicle closely when I got home. Pretty disappointed in service...

Last edited:
That sucks! I am sure every location is different, but I have heard mostly good things about service centers getting issues resolved. I am honestly surprised.

If it were me in this situation, I would definitely be looking to return the car.

Yea, just messaged them about all the microswirls and paint issues the body shop introduced on the hood. Also, realized my USB key for sentry was taken out of the vehicle. The technician says they did not take it out, so it must be the body shop. Looks like I might also lose that 256 gb USB key too...

got mine yesterday and here are a couple of things i noticed compared to my old X.

- ride is a lot better
- seats are softer
- definitely a lot faster
- auto door sounds a lot louder when closing

i noticed that they removed the ventilated seats which sucks since i use it a lot on how weather. rear wing is fixed and doesn't retract when you look the car which made me look stupid as i keep trying to lock the door a couple of times expecting it to retract. autopilot still not working it just says cameras are still calibrating and it's been stuck at 99% for the past 20miles, can anyone help me with that? should i just keep driving it as i've read that usually it takes about a 100miles for it to work, i'm only at 56miles but ever since i got to 30miles it just got stuck at 99%. also i don't have beach buggy and at this point have no clue how to get it.