Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is making me sad and worried for when my Raven X comes in a few months...

Just to mention the other side of the coin--my X delivered in June has been nearly flawless. About to hit 4k miles and the only adjustment needed has been the left windshield wiper. It was wiping off the edge of the windshield. Service adjusted it in about five minutes. No other issues.

Reactions: Ames
I can’t believe that I am actually watching a discussion about windows sqeaking on a brand new 85+k vehicle! You can go and sit in the cheapest car(Nissan) and not have this problem.

I guarantee you, if you go to any car forums, you will find all sorts of issues; both minor and severe. I will concede that the incidents per unit is far less on manufactures that have been doing this for 50+ years. Tesla is a new car manufacturer, and they are going to have teething issues. I would hope anyone who is seriously interested in getting a Tesla, has read forums, watched YouTube videos, or otherwise researched them thoroughly so they know what they are getting into.

I think Tesla has come a long way in the last 7 years of mass producing cars. The ones today are already much better put together than the ones 3-4 years ago. It will get better with time and they will find new ways to build that create less issues in the manufacturing process. It is very unfortunate that the cars are all not 100% perfect every time off the line. They are also usually very good about rectifying problems

Reactions: GraemeS
The ones today are already much better put together than the ones 3-4 years ago. It will get better with time and they will find new ways to build that create less issues in the manufacturing process. It is very unfortunate that the cars are all not 100% perfect every time off the line. They are also usually very good about rectifying problems

Yeah that's the company line. Not true in my case.

My driver side would squeal when bringing them back up. Tech said that the tint could have added extra friction and the windows are designed to push up against the rubber seals. He adjusted the windows when he was fixing another minor issue for me. And it works fine now. Maybe just need these set bolts reset on your windows. Could be a simple fix.

It should probably have completed by now. May simply ask the SC if there is a way to reset it or start over or something. Mine took probably 50 miles or so (a few days) before it finally finished.

There was a YouTube video of a similar issue. Turns out it was being caused by the Falcon wing door getting hung up on the rear upper corner (near window trim). The door would sometimes overlap with that and stop. Mine is very close, and even sort of clips the trim edge when opening. I notice it because I have a chrome delete and the black vinyl is starting to chip away here. Service Center should be able to adjust the doors. Think this is an inherent flaw with the doors. If you are on an incline, the weight is going to shift back more as well.

my autopilot calibration has been stuck at 99% since i got to 30 miles and now i'm at 119 miles so i'm sure something is wrong with it. yeah the windows and door are easy fix, i'm just very disappointed that this happens at a brand new car and an expensive one at that.

I can’t believe that I am actually watching a discussion about windows sqeaking on a brand new 85+k vehicle! You can go and sit in the cheapest car(Nissan) and not have this problem.

mine cost 123k although the issues i'm having are minor i'm still really pissed that it happened as soon as i took delivery of the car and i have to wait 3 weeks before they could even check my car. if i return this car and order a new one, i'd get a new one faster. don't get me wrong i still love the car but i'm really disappointed at tesla that you pay for a vehicle that cost this much and have issues as soon as you pick it up. our old model X took 3 months to be delivered and had 0 issues till now, i wouldn't mind waiting that long again as long as the car that would be delivered to me is working perfectly.

• Helpful
Reactions: davezforce
1D4E2DF7-EB23-4C57-A822-FBD4F0047960.jpeg Got my brand new Raven and I am ecstatic that I seemed to have gotten a good one. No major mechanical issues so far... <knocks on wood>.
But what I do have is just horrendous fit and finish. The most noticeable is the utter misalignment of the hood. I have no idea how this for past their quality control. My question is, has anyone had success with the mobile service fixing body panel alignments? I live 4 hours from the nearest service center so that isn’t an option for me. It’s the hood, trunk, and passenger door that are the worse.

Attachments

• 3D533E71-E32B-4705-A7BA-938501E92525.jpeg
    3D533E71-E32B-4705-A7BA-938501E92525.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 3753B14F-2CA7-465B-A1CA-5BC6C696183E.jpeg
    3753B14F-2CA7-465B-A1CA-5BC6C696183E.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 174
Can we have a sticky post in this thread of issues to look out for on delivery? I’m picking up my new X tomorrow morning and I was there earlier today before it closed and they brought it in for charging. I did a 5 min walk around looking for issues I’ve seen on my model 3 and S. I spotted a few paint imperfections and trim misalignment already. A few scratches they need to buff out too. But if there was a helpful check list we all can look for and test during delivery that would be awesome! I know their response will be it falls with in spec or we need a due bill approved. But at delivery we have 7 days to return or even refuse the delivery.

Attachments

• DA4E2F79-E6C0-41B8-B293-A314F1E4ECB3.jpeg
    DA4E2F79-E6C0-41B8-B293-A314F1E4ECB3.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 167
  • 0CE22917-5C11-4C4F-A748-D2FCFAFC8ACD.jpeg
    0CE22917-5C11-4C4F-A748-D2FCFAFC8ACD.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 173
  • D0605F40-B716-4C8F-A93E-14FF42F7AA8F.jpeg
    D0605F40-B716-4C8F-A93E-14FF42F7AA8F.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 7B629D9C-907E-4A2E-904A-EABCD99AB4B6.jpeg
    7B629D9C-907E-4A2E-904A-EABCD99AB4B6.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 166
  • 5D24322A-1BAB-4A7E-8B7E-742F6D4795BB.jpeg
    5D24322A-1BAB-4A7E-8B7E-742F6D4795BB.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 2F72CC59-B770-4A6C-AB38-4FB10317DAEE.jpeg
    2F72CC59-B770-4A6C-AB38-4FB10317DAEE.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 168
I was very, very, very close to going with the X. Ease of entry to the rear seats was the one thing holding me back as I do have quickly get in and out of the rear and the thought of waiting for falcon wing doors finally made me go with the S. After reading this thread, I guess I'm really glad I did. Knock on wood, not an ounce of trouble with the S. Its still early, but so far so good.

And my AP calibrated after 6 miles and was ready for use. Car delivered with just 5 miles on the odometer. So 11 miles total and was ready to go.

Reactions: Daisame
Glad to hear I'm not alone, but are we looking at Hyundai Accent quality here.
Quality is the first thing to go as a company implodes. Get a handle on it Elon or the other boys (Porsche and even GM) are gonna pass you by.

Let's add a new one for yesterday. Driver window will only go half way up.....
IN THE RAIN. Fun drive with wet towel in the window and limited visibility. Guess that's what autopilot is for, right? Great advertising for a $130k vehicle! Awaiting road sode service in the weeks. Wet dreams.

Can I buy my 2016 Teddy back please?
Everything worked from Day 1 and still does after 68,000 miles.line_3921393869909.jpg

With all of our complaints, it is obviously not an anomaly. Wake up Tesla or you're gonna be in someone's rear view mirror.

Reactions: pete8314
Can we have a sticky post in this thread of issues to look out for on delivery? I’m picking up my new X tomorrow morning and I was there earlier today before it closed and they brought it in for charging. I did a 5 min walk around looking for issues I’ve seen on my model 3 and S. I spotted a few paint imperfections and trim misalignment already. A few scratches they need to buff out too. But if there was a helpful check list we all can look for and test during delivery that would be awesome! I know their response will be it falls with in spec or we need a due bill approved. But at delivery we have 7 days to return or even refuse the delivery.

There is a checklist.Model X Delivery Checklist

Reactions: glusc2002
View attachment 441100 Got my brand new Raven and I am ecstatic that I seemed to have gotten a good one. No major mechanical issues so far... <knocks on wood>.
But what I do have is just horrendous fit and finish. The most noticeable is the utter misalignment of the hood. I have no idea how this for past their quality control. My question is, has anyone had success with the mobile service fixing body panel alignments? I live 4 hours from the nearest service center so that isn’t an option for me. It’s the hood, trunk, and passenger door that are the worse.

If your chrome alignment and body panels are significantly misaligned, Service will not be able to fix them. Also note that messing with these things can cause other issues (especially the FWDs). If it bothers you, just return it.

has any one recently (2019) or Raven model, refused delivery and if so due to what major issues of the checklist. Would misalignment of falcon door trim by 1/4" or more justify refusal or simple due bill by service center. I know today they have to get those approved but upon delivery we still have 7 days to return the car. I want to know how far members have gone to ensure they got the best result with in their delivery grace period. thanks!

If your chrome alignment and body panels are significantly misaligned, Service will not be able to fix them. Also note that messing with these things can cause other issues (especially the FWDs). If it bothers you, just return it.

what would you consider tolerable measurement of misaligned FWD trim? If you suggest returning it will tesla try to reorder a new one without hassle?

wow that looks terrible. I have never even heard of misaligned pieces like that in all the other cars I've owned. Really starting to make me question getting an X.

Just remember, people are usually not on forums exalting the perfect build quality they received. It is usually the problems that are highlighted here. I wont pretend to know the ratio of good deliveries to bad. Mine has been very good. Only a couple of very minor issues that were quickly rectified on a mobile tech visit.

As long as you go into the decision with your eyes open, you will at least be prepared for the possibility of getting some issues. You can certainly always refuse delivery, but that in itself is its own set of hassles. If you are looking for a premier delivery experience, you are probably better off with a company who has been mass producing cars for over 50 years.

If you are patient, willing to decline a delivery, happy to work with the service centers to repair any minor problems, then you could be happy with a Tesla.

Reactions: glusc2002 and EA500