Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new suspension is definitely improved, the "sport" setting adds quite a bit or extra rigidity.

I had my wife take a picture on our trip home (approximately 2hr) of our average Wh/mi, she took the picture fairly early into the trip (about 50 miles) that showed 292Wh/mi. This actually ended up around 260ish Wh/mi.
View attachment 408865
Wow. That efficiency for a Model X is pretty impressive.

Reactions: MrABRanch and SO16
Good things will come for all of you who can wait!

I ordered on the 19th of March and after waiting 45 days I finally got the in production message on the 2nd of May, completed on the 10th with tentative delivery this Tuesday. So the long delay, according to the MVPA, contains the refresh codes. So I lucked out due to the delay. I still have to call the DS tomorrow to confirm if they delivered the vehicle. For some reason a few days ago it still had not left the factory...

The new suspension is definitely improved, the "sport" setting adds quite a bit or extra rigidity.

I had my wife take a picture on our trip home (approximately 2hr) of our average Wh/mi, she took the picture fairly early into the trip (about 50 miles) that showed 292Wh/mi. This actually ended up around 260ish Wh/mi.
View attachment 408865

Congrats on being one of the first to take delivery! Really appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions.

Is there a noticeable difference between Comfort and Sport? And if you had an X before (wasn't sure), how does the ride/handling of that setup fall between the new Comfort and Sport?

Reactions: Rcbx
Congrats on being one of the first to take delivery! Really appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions.

Is there a noticeable difference between Comfort and Sport? And if you had an X before (wasn't sure), how does the ride/handling of that setup fall between the new Comfort and Sport?

Having previously had a MX before, the difference is noticeable in that it doesn't have the same spongy feel (if that makes sense) that I felt the vehicle had before. It feels as though it has evolved to be more tight, yet not overbearing.

Comfort mode is truly soft, so much so that it tends to feel floaty if you find yourself moving lanes quickly. Sport however is entirely different, it finally makes the MX feel as if it doesn't weigh was much as what it actually does, it's impressive to actually feel the difference.

To measure these together, if you felt that the previous system was a bit anemic or left you wanting more aggressiveness, sport will probably bring a smile to your face. Comfort is almost too comfortable for my taste, but my wife enjoys it which is equally important as she'll be driving this the majority of the time.

If you get the opportunity to test drive an upgraded MX, definitely do so, ride height adjustment is quicker to me it seems, but I don't have any video to prove this. I will post a video showing speed of height adjustment as a demonstration sometime over the weekend, weather permitting.

Having previously had a MX before, the difference is noticeable in that it doesn't have the same spongy feel (if that makes sense) that I felt the vehicle had before. It feels as though it has evolved to be more tight, yet not overbearing.

Comfort mode is truly soft, so much so that it tends to feel floaty if you find yourself moving lanes quickly. Sport however is entirely different, it finally makes the MX feel as if it doesn't weigh was much as what it actually does, it's impressive to actually feel the difference.

To measure these together, if you felt that the previous system was a bit anemic or left you wanting more aggressiveness, sport will probably bring a smile to your face. Comfort is almost too comfortable for my taste, but my wife enjoys it which is equally important as she'll be driving this the majority of the time.

If you get the opportunity to test drive an upgraded MX, definitely do so, ride height adjustment is quicker to me it seems, but I don't have any video to prove this. I will post a video showing speed of height adjustment as a demonstration sometime over the weekend, weather permitting.
Do you feel any change in the inside noise level? I'm curious on the 'driver's feeling' after the front motor is replaced with permanent magnet type. Any other interior changes, like seats, HVAC, charging rate, lights..? Do you've the center console configuration?

Reactions: 1375mlm

Awesome, thanks for the detailed write-up. When I first heard about the new suspension, I was hoping for exactly what you described. Like you, I prefer a more aggressive setup. On the current fixed-damper suspension, I've found that 22" wheels removes some of the sponginess at low speeds, but of course, impact harshness suffers on larger bumps at higher speeds and the floatiness never really goes away. It sounds like this new adaptive setup addresses nearly all of this.

I'm curious, as you put on more miles, if you notice that road impacts seem less harsh (versus the old suspension), even while in Sport.

Good morning. At first, congrats to your car. I order one exactly the same. Thanks to answer all of us. If you could, post pics of the tires, because I heard, that will be another mark, and finally if you could tell the 6 final numbers of your VIN , if you aren't comfortable to tell this, you can not show all of this. What I want to know is how above the 160.000 VIN is now. Thanks so much.

Reactions: Gen3
So it seems like anyone who ordered after the refresh announcement day is delayed for whatever reason.

We ordered our Model X on May 8th and not a single update 10 days in. I did get a call from Tesla’s test driving team to schedule a test drive lol
I'm in Italy, and placed my order at 08/05 too, and I don't have anything yet too.

Good things will come for all of you who can wait!

I ordered on the 19th of March and after waiting 45 days I finally got the in production message on the 2nd of May, completed on the 10th with tentative delivery this Tuesday. So the long delay, according to the MVPA, contains the refresh codes. So I lucked out due to the delay. I still have to call the DS tomorrow to confirm if they delivered the vehicle. For some reason a few days ago it still had not left the factory...
Hi, do you have your VIN? Could you tell me the las 6 digits? Thanks.

Good morning. At first, congrats to your car. I order one exactly the same. Thanks to answer all of us. If you could, post pics of the tires, because I heard, that will be another mark, and finally if you could tell the 6 final numbers of your VIN , if you aren't comfortable to tell this, you can not show all of this. What I want to know is how above the 160.000 VIN is now. Thanks so much.
I think Tesla puts different tires on vehicles shipped to Europe vs. the US.

Reactions: Rcbx