TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DoubleE, May 2, 2019.

1. nintendomas

nintendomas Member

delivery agent called. delayed for the 3rd time now due to "testing software?". pushed to June 3rd. i drove past Fremont today and saw a ton of MXs in their new car lot. so frustrating!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. Amar

Amar Member

Did you see a blue one? That's mine ;)
    But damn that's a bummer.

3. DoubleE

DoubleE Member

Sounds like a run-around. You need to get an updated purchase agreement with the new VIN.

4. Sg911

Sg911 Member

I was hesitating on the refresh till people got the X to see if the differences were significant enough to warrant buying vs a preowned Model X P90D! What are your thoughts ?

5. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Do you road trip? The improved range is what finally tipped me over the edge. Slicker suspension didn't hurt.

• Informative x 1
  6. Sg911

Sg911 Member

Not much anymore- mostly within 250
    Miles . Did you get yet?

7. ElectricX

ElectricX Member

Hi everyone. Thought I'd chime in and detail how my order process has progressed so far.
    May 10 - placed order (black on black SR 7 seats with no full self driving)
    May 11- received an email from the delivery location thanking me for the order.
    May 15 - MyTesla indicates apparently that Tesla approved my loan. My rate is not great but better than the 4.25%. All pricing and registration info is spelled out in the "Completed Tasks" section.
    Today - Still no VIN just this message: We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.
    I'll be sure to keep updating any developments.

8. CFrolander

CFrolander Member

Better than or equal to 3.49%?

I ask because that's what my CU is offering but I'd do Tesla financing if it's the same or better

9. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

No, haven't received yet. Site said May but I'm expecting mid June so I'm not disappointed.

I'm getting 1.74% through Unify FCU, but for a 2-year term.

10. ElectricX

ElectricX Member

I'm getting 3.99 through Tesla (Wells Fargo). I could have gotten better but I am getting commercial registration as well and many CUs don't allow that. I'll try to refinance later.

11. candy_sr

candy_sr Member

OMG! The price for all new model S and X dropped 2k and inventory cars have free supercharging now!

• Like x 2
  12. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

I emailed my sales advisor to request the updated pricing. Let me know what others hear in regards to this. Hoping they don't make it difficult and make us cancel and reorder as that just increases the work for us and them.

13. davezforce

davezforce Member

What do you think that would do for delivery timing?

14. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

I don't yet have a VIN and the site still estimates May for new orders, so my guess is very little. The reality is if they had sold as many as they wanted for Q2 thus far, they'd likely not be reducing prices today.

15. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

About a month before Tesla announced the refresh, one of our forum Tesla hacker gurus posted some details of what was coming that they'd found in the latest firmware under "Project Raven," which is apparently Tesla's internal code name for the update.

16. OBX John

OBX John Autonomous Driving Enthusiast

I just "edited" my order, didn't change anything, but got the new pricing.

• Informative x 2
  17. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Unfortunately I can no longer edit.

18. davezforce

davezforce Member

How do you edit? I see the button still. Do I select anything ?

19. OBX John

OBX John Autonomous Driving Enthusiast

I just selected the "edit your order", went through each option without changing anything, and the price was $105,500 instead of $108,500 for a Model S Performance in white with sonic carbon wheels.

Not sure if it puts you at the back of the line, but I'm on the fence with my order anyway.

20. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

I don't know why they keep dropping the price. That's pure margin for them. I doubt orders are going to increase, but I'm sure as hell going to ask for my 2k given the order hasn't made progress in a month.