Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autopilot - I miss having navigate on autopilot as well as the ability for autopilot to change lanes....perhaps on the next discount for FSD i'll pick that up b/c they are nice additions to have in the 3.

Same. I have FSD on the 3 that I added for the $2k sale price. I'd likely do the same on the X but I'm not shelling out $6k.

Continental Crosscontact here.

Me too. Which really surprised me because I thought Performance Ludicrous cars always got sticky summer tires.

Really the Crosscontacts are probably a better fit for me - I don't expect to use Ludicrous power very often, and I wasn't looking forward to replacing tires every 12k or so. The Continentals were just coming up on replacement on my X75D after ~47k miles when I traded it.

Unrelated - Apparently someone took the car for a bit of a joyride(?) as the music settings had the bass set to maximum and the most recent music choices were all 'old town road' stations, rock stations, and other hip hop scattered throughout. 68 Miles upon delivery, perhaps this was the 'test' driver?

Autopilot - I miss having navigate on autopilot as well as the ability for autopilot to change lanes....perhaps on the next discount for FSD i'll pick that up b/c they are nice additions to have in the 3.

iOS App - no ability to schedule service appts for the X, while the 3 does have the ability to schedule service appts within the app. Maybe this is on purpose when you have multiple vehicles? Weird.

It definitely sounds like someone took it for a test drive. All of our cars have had fewer than 10 miles upon delivery and the paperwork usually indicates 50 miles. Did your paperwork indicate the 68 miles when you took delivery?

You should have the option to schedule service for each car. When they first added this functionality to the app, each of our cars eventually got it.

I was surprised how much this matters. If you'd asked last week, I would have said it was mostly a gimmick, and a hope for the future. But my Raven X came without FSD enabled even though I paid for it (they're supposed to be fixing this right now,) and I took a minor road trip on Sunday.

Breaking out of AP every time you change lanes to pass is really disruptive to the flow of the trip, makes it harder to relax.

I actually think Tesla should reconsider about including that in the base AP that's now standard - it makes a great competitive point to compare since I don't think any other allow it in any option package yet, and I don't think it'll cut FSD sales much. Doesn't really affect me since I already went FSD, but I think it'd be wise.

I actually think Tesla should reconsider about including that in the base AP that's now standard - it makes a great competitive point to compare since I don't think any other allow it in any option package yet, and I don't think it'll cut FSD sales much.

I agree. Or even bring back the old EAP and offer an upgrade from AP for $1k or something.

Update: The vibration has certainly diminished after driving for an extended period of time. I felt some slight vibrations around 75mph and 35mph, but it definitely was not as consistent as when I first drove it and has smoothed out. I made an appt nonetheless for a week from now just in case it gets worse. If nothing else I will cancel.

Unrelated - Apparently someone took the car for a bit of a joyride(?) as the music settings had the bass set to maximum and the most recent music choices were all 'old town road' stations, rock stations, and other hip hop scattered throughout. 68 Miles upon delivery, perhaps this was the 'test' driver?

iOS App - no ability to schedule service appts for the X, while the 3 does have the ability to schedule service appts within the app. Maybe this is on purpose when you have multiple vehicles? Weird.
Vibration through the steering wheel is usually a front wheel balance issue. Now that it's settled into speed ranges that would be my guess.

Glad to see folks are getting these! I was very tempted to order one as well with that free Ludicrous upgrade. We still have a daily driver gasser in the house though so it's her turn for new wheels. Guess I'll just have to wait for the 2170's! :rolleyes::p

What tires did you get? Michelin Pilot Sport, or Continental Crosscontact?
Continental Crosscontact

IMG_20190606_221246.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: VikH and Saghost
Update: The vibration has certainly diminished after driving for an extended period of time. I felt some slight vibrations around 75mph and 35mph, but it definitely was not as consistent as when I first drove it and has smoothed out. I made an appt nonetheless for a week from now just in case it gets worse. If nothing else I will cancel.

the iOS app for model x can schedule appointment I have used it before for my old model X

the new smart adaptive suspension needs to be calibrated and trained before it is active which will smooth out the active dampening. (check the suspension setting see if the option is greyed out or active)

Update. Pictures attached of the car, wheels, and interior dash. Overall better than expected after reading stories in this forum.

Pictures also attached of some of the build quality issues. The rubber they use is simply cut and raw on the edges vs. a BMW where rubber edges are rounded or beveled.

The gaps in the right wing door are highlighted here along with some places where the rubber sticks out between gaps.

I don’t show the seat ribbing issue as I’m limited to 10 pictures. The SC said likely they will just swap out the bottom cushion.

Bottom line - the robotic assembler responsible for rubber placement needs to be decommissioned or tuned up.

FD10719B-AD09-4ECD-BCF3-7FCB9BBBB196.jpeg
921266C0-0B7F-4644-A1A4-D69D2616258F.jpeg
2721E307-C931-4D97-B0CD-9FDBEB2E7CAF.jpeg
B86307DC-6E60-4CEC-A771-3FC181F332D4.jpeg
085CA5A2-854A-495A-BE4D-42F4CF6555D2.jpeg
2EF1AE11-2318-4FCE-A8D3-535474C02DEF.jpeg
CD14B592-0FCE-4B59-92A2-93D9DDABB81D.jpeg
54BC9397-7662-430F-B6E8-6FC76E0FD7C7.jpeg
F81FD4E6-D6F7-44C3-9B7B-9AD82CEDF22C.jpeg
F941C25F-07ED-4CB3-87DA-D01C0724ABBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: GraemeS
Ordered "custom" Raven on the 26th of May - radio silence (no VIN, phone call, confirmation etc...) and was advised by text today that delivery was scheduled for June 19 in Dania Beach, FL

Source code on webpage now shows a VIN. Its a Model X 75D, 6 seater, white exterior with interior.