Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received UWB (Ultra Wideband) phone key functionality on Refreshed MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My UWB sopped working after updating the iOS app to 4.34.0. Worked flawlessly and then completely disappeared

I can report the same experience. The hands free trunk worked with 4.33.5 even though it is not very consistent for me. Now after I update the Tesla app to 4.34.0, it stopped working. Reinstalling the app does not solve the issue. The app does not even asks for permission to access nearby interaction.

For those with iphone, I have two iPhones connected to my car:
1. Phone with IOS 15 beta --> UWB doesn't seem to respond or work (same for the new trunk feature)
2. Phone with IOS 17 ------> working just fine.

Not sure if others are having the same issue but just wanted to share what I noticed. I see no other reason other than IOS 18 cause the same phone was working before on IOS 17

On 2024.14.9 with UWB and can confirm it is a huge improvement from previous non UWB car. Have not had one unlock/lock issue yet and the trunk works flawlessly.
Excellent 👏

That's good to know. Which version of the Tesla app are you using? From I read here and in other forums, it seems Tesla app version 4.34.0 is the culprit. UWB and hands free trunk worked fine with previous versions of the app.

Reactions: boonedocks
That's good to know. Which version of the Tesla app are you using? From I read here and in other forums, it seems Tesla app version 4.34.0 is the culprit. UWB and hands free trunk worked fine with previous versions of the app.
I can confirm I have no more hands free trunk since upgrading to 4.34.0 on an iPhone 15 Pro. My wife’s 15 Pro activates the trunk no issue, and she’s on 4.33.5.

I can confirm I have no more hands free trunk since upgrading to 4.34.0 on an iPhone 15 Pro. My wife’s 15 Pro activates the trunk no issue, and she’s on 4.33.5.
It appears to me that it broke all functionality that uses UWB. I realized that a lot of the annoying behaviors I had before UWB are back. (Door handles don't extend when I walk up to my car in the garage, etc.)

Reactions: WilliamG and DBV1
It appears to me that it broke all functionality that uses UWB. I realized that a lot of the annoying behaviors I had before UWB are back. (Door handles don't extend when I walk up to my car in the garage, etc.)
Yes. I think the app removed UWB completely in the update. When I deleted the app and reinstalled it, it didn't even prompt me to upgrade the key.

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX
Can you all check if you can see the Tesla app under the iphone setting under the "Nearby Interactions" under Privacy settings?

U checked and the Tesla app is gone from that list (I am on 4.34 Tesla app too). Am trying to see if it is the new app really or IOS 18 cause I updated both around same time.
Good call. I should have thought about that. I checked my phone and it's missing (4.34), and on my wife's (4.33.5) it's there. So that explains it.

Mine (4.34):

1718647205645.jpeg

Wifey's (4.33.5):
1718647231681.jpeg

Good call. I should have thought about that. I checked my phone and it's missing (4.34), and on my wife's (4.33.5) it's there. So that explains it.

Mine (4.34):

View attachment 1057242
Wifey's (4.33.5):
View attachment 1057243
FWIW, I had to undo phone key, delete app. Reinstalling app and setting up phone key prompted to allow nearby interactions.. Which then allowed UWB to work.

FWIW, I had to undo phone key, delete app. Reinstalling app and setting up phone key prompted to allow nearby interactions.. Which then allowed UWB to work.

Yes please guys report what App version are you referring to.... For now it seems like 4.34 is the issue.... If you manage to make it work, please confirm the Tesla app that you are using.

Reactions: TBrownTX