Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP zig zag down road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this! I just picked my car up Saturday. I wasn't sure if that was normal... I take it that the slight swaying is not normal.
I hope it's not normal....but I also have a slight vibration from front tire....could be coincidence....tech said it's possible that tire is bad and causing pull to one side and AP is constantly correcting...it's a month old and the tires have 2k Mike's on them...but who knows...I'll keep you updated...should hear something tomorrow.

I hope it's not normal....but I also have a slight vibration from front tire....could be coincidence....tech said it's possible that tire is bad and causing pull to one side and AP is constantly correcting...it's a month old and the tires have 2k Mike's on them...but who knows...I'll keep you updated...should hear something tomorrow.
Miles not Mike's

I had it this am. But after about 30 miles, it seemed to settle itself in.

I have noticed a similar issue with other large updates (just got 32.11, and this is the first try at AP with new program). I assumed it was just the AP camera/systems 're-calibrating' or some such. Once they 'calibrate' (or whatever), it gets back to normal. That was the case this morning. All good now. But the first many miles were unnerving to say the least. I never let go of the wheel...

One thing I noted, however, is that the car now seems to veer away from semi trucks in adjacent lanes. For instance, when passing a semi on it's left (semi goes by on my passenger side), my car now no longer centers itself in the lane, but hugs the opposite side of the lane that the semi is on. It's a little strange for me, but my passenger appreciates it a lot. o_O

This is on a multi-lane highway, BTW, where one can slowly pass a semi. When my Tesla is centered in it's lane, but the semi is hugging the lane marker closest to my lane... my passenger gets a bit nervous. I can understand that... so I welcome this change - if it is indeed a change and not an anomaly.

I had it this am. But after about 30 miles, it seemed to settle itself in.

I have noticed a similar issue with other large updates (just got 32.11, and this is the first try at AP with new program). I assumed it was just the AP camera/systems 're-calibrating' or some such. Once they 'calibrate' (or whatever), it gets back to normal. That was the case this morning. All good now. But the first many miles were unnerving to say the least. I never let go of the wheel...

One thing I noted, however, is that the car now seems to veer away from semi trucks in adjacent lanes. For instance, when passing a semi on it's left (semi goes by on my passenger side), my car now no longer centers itself in the lane, but hugs the opposite side of the lane that the semi is on. It's a little strange for me, but my passenger appreciates it a lot. o_O

This is on a multi-lane highway, BTW, where one can slowly pass a semi. When my Tesla is centered in it's lane, but the semi is hugging the lane marker closest to my lane... my passenger gets a bit nervous. I can understand that... so I welcome this change - if it is indeed a change and not an anomaly.
This is happening going down a road or highway with no vehicles or some vehicles....I haven't been able to get it down to certain instances...but it feel like I'm on a small boat rocking back and forth...if it's a calibration or such....I wish it would hurry up and calibrate...it's annoying

This is happening going down a road or highway with no vehicles or some vehicles....I haven't been able to get it down to certain instances...but it feel like I'm on a small boat rocking back and forth...if it's a calibration or such....I wish it would hurry up and calibrate...it's annoying
When AP is disengaged the car seems to go down the road without a pull....but I haven't doubled back to drive the same road twice with AP on then off.

I've noticed this slight rocking behavior on my way to work shortly after getting onto the freeway. Around that area (far right lane), the side solid lane marker by the shoulder is completely faded as to be almost invisible. The car seems to be centering itself as best it can with only one well-defined boundary on the left side with the dashed lane markings. Not sure if it might be the same thing in your case.

I have wondered if mine is at least partially because the car is so new. I have 125 miles on it and just needs more time to iron out all the things... I'll let it go a bit before putting in a ticket. And continue watching this thread to see if SanManM3 finds anything out.