Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2019.40.2.3 (uncapped 2015 P85DL) and noticed the SoC displayed on the dash went from 59% to 60% after the upgrade. TM-Spy showed 58.8% before and 60.1% after.

No charging took place, no change to cell voltages before/after other than a millivolt or three.

Before definitively declaring shenanigans with this build, I need to charge to 100% and check voltages. It may just be a benign recalibration of the SoC to voltage scale that came with the “detection.”

I checked the app again and I am at 61%. Still no charging taking place. I am leaning towards shenanigans.
Maybe change to BMS logic gave it back? BMS bug fixes? I’ve got an uncapped 2015 85D with 42k miles and this update is giving me about the same range estimate in stats app before and after. Didn’t notice a SOC change pre and post install but I wasn’t paying attention to that.

Man my 2015 85D is still on 2019.36.2.3. No updates available per the car and I’ve rebooted the MCU just for good measure. Wonder why I’m sitting at this version hmmmm
Count your blessings, and hope that the mothership has forgotten you. Nothing but bad stuff from .40, from what I hear on this and other threads. Suspect "Regen Gate" is a thing now..

I am getting daily nags from the phone to update...

Last edited:
Yesterday, after that mail from Tesla informing about 40.2.2 and its purpose to EU cars (apply same EU required limitations on AP performance), I deleted all Wifi config timely, as surely enough a few hours later I had a prompt to connect to Wifi: 40.2.2 was ready to download.
This morning, I notice it is gone. Victory I though. But later on my way, it was back and now proposes 40.2.3.

I am one that still believes Tesla is trying to do the right thing about the older batteries, so I'd be inclined to allow 40.2.3 to run... except it includes 40.2.2 and the misery I wanted to avoid. Dilemma... (I know... first world problem, right?)

PS: there was a comment earlier that 40.x brought nothing much... for those that missed it, it has a hidden gem: it enables again voice "play song" to actually play the song, and not just open the search page and results.

Back down to 60% as the car sits in sub-freezing temperatures in the garage at work. Didn’t see it over 61% so likely just a calibration change but will check voltages tomorrow morning after a charge. Usually right at 4.00V at 80%, if that is no longer the case, I will have to charge to 100% to be sure.

How's your throttle response after this update? I mean like WOT. I may be imagining it but when I depress the accelerator all the way down, I get a nice kick about until halfway and between half and full I don't feel anything different.

Anyone notice a difference?