Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOl just got my solar system turned on today and cant control my power wall great for confidence. Well it will be paid off in 20 years.

A bit off topic...
If you have your Tesla power gateway wired or on WiFi you can get the status by hitting the local IP. There is also a nice little doc on GitHub with the local API info: vloschiavo/powerwall2. I'm planning on writing a HomeKit interface so I monitor the battery. Wouldn't take much to create an Alex skill for it either.

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 9.44.59 PM.png

Reactions: hobapolis
Obviously not since it took six hours for it even to give the message it does now. :D

Someone in IT there needs to be fired. Seriously. First for no HA/DR (high availability/disaster recovery) plan and second for no message to clients when they are down (for six hours, I meant).

Yeah with a company as great and innovative as Tesla you think this would be a basic feature.

Traveling now -- a little annoying that I'll have to make an extra charging stop since I couldn't set the car to range charge overnight, but whatever.

App connectivity was intermittent when I picked up the car about an hour and a half ago -- kept cycling to "check Internet connection" though the phone had good signal. Nav in the car is behaving oddly -- very slow to pick routes and making unusual choices, like always sending me through the nearest Supercharger even though it clearly increases trip time. I wonder if there's some kind of load-dependent fallback logic. It's sure acting like it.

So, better - but I'm not sure they're 100% out of the woods yet.

Yeah, I’m still getting sporadic errors from the Tesla app and Remote S isn’t happy at all. TeslaFi is showing dropouts all the time. I’m wondering if they have some partial infrastructure in place as it can’t take the load.

And if it can’t take the load at 0600 ET on a Sunday morning, watch out.... right now all it’s doing is handling Europe, etc.