Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App login issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Conspiracy theorists unite! Is it coincidence that within hours of nsa / CIA tools being wikileaked that Tesla API servers are down...?
That was my first guess: they took it down to harden it a bit. But it doesn't track very well: some communications are still getting through. Plus, Wikileaks supposedly never released the code. Unless they have a leak, or unless those with installed exploits saw their last chance to cash in, the failure mode seems unlikely for this. Upon further thought I think it seems more likely a mundane issue caused it like a buggy upgrade or misconfiguration in a datacenter, or someone with really good keys who got fired is pulling a mini-revenge.

I'm reading sporadic outage for Alexa, but no news about AWS outage. Does anyone know which cloud service provider Tesla use for handling app requests (e.g., AWS) or it's own data center?
Might be. AWS had a really bad day last week, though I see no issues on AWS or Alexa via developer login.

Don't see an issue with portal.vn.teslamotors.com either. Going to just go and reboot car... "have you tried turning it off, and on again?" ;)

Edit: Ok, that did nothing. Going back to "waiting for TM to fix"

Last edited:
Reactions: MickC