Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took home delivery today outside Ottawa; MSM LR RWD. Wasn't much to it...he gave me the key, asked if I knew how to use it and left. Didn't sign anything, and didn't show anything. Anyway, car was dirty (to be expected after being on a truck) but charged to 80%. Odomoter read 37km and it's a 2019 build (ordered 2 Apr). Had a quick once over and everything looks like it's where it's supposed to be Took it out for a rip, what a fantastic car!!!
Jason, so glad you got your car! I got my Red LR RWD Aero in Kanata late in the afternoon. Very similar experience but maybe less dirty (just a bit of dirt). I'll check it over more tomorrow but so far so very good! I won't be fine tooth combing the car for build issues, don't really expect/need perfection. I'll be putting my own scratches on it soon enough. 78% charge level and only 10 km. The only thing missing was the bolts for installing the rear license plate but a quick trip to Canadian Tire (my first "road trip" in the car) fixed that.

Jason, so glad you got your car! I got my Red LR RWD Aero in Kanata late in the afternoon. Very similar experience but maybe less dirty (just a bit of dirt). I'll check it over more tomorrow but so far so very good! I won't be fine tooth combing the car for build issues, don't really expect/need perfection. I'll be putting my own scratches on it soon enough. 78% charge level and only 10 km. The only thing missing was the bolts for installing the rear license plate but a quick trip to Canadian Tire (my first "road trip" in the car) fixed that.
I found my bolts in the package for the front plate mount. Same mindset, everything seems normal, so i don't intend on going further for inspection. I guess my car was dirtier because it was in front of yours lol. First commute into the city was fun as I get to play around with the auto-pilot settings and functions. This car has lots of pep!

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I found my bolts in the package for the front plate mount. Same mindset, everything seems normal, so i don't intend on going further for inspection. I guess my car was dirtier because it was in front of yours lol. First commute into the city was fun as I get to play around with the auto-pilot settings and functions. This car has lots of pep!
Jason, I'm a little embarrassed but this morning I found the "missing" rear plate bolts in the package for the front plate :)

Well after having my order marked as "on hold" for a month while I sorted out selling my car privately - I finalized my financial stuff in my account and requested my sales advisor to put it as eligible to match.....and crickets. Not even a response that its done. I'm hoping this means its all ready and we are just waiting for a VIN to match (LR AWD, white/black, 18)

My account currently shows "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." Not sure if this means I have to wait for the DA to reach out (only ever dealt with Vancouver sales team). Or if it just stays like this until a VIN is assigned and delivery date set.

Well after having my order marked as "on hold" for a month while I sorted out selling my car privately - I finalized my financial stuff in my account and requested my sales advisor to put it as eligible to match.....and crickets. Not even a response that its done. I'm hoping this means its all ready and we are just waiting for a VIN to match (LR AWD, white/black, 18)

My account currently shows "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." Not sure if this means I have to wait for the DA to reach out (only ever dealt with Vancouver sales team). Or if it just stays like this until a VIN is assigned and delivery date set.
It stays like that until just before you pick your car up (at least this was the case last year). Many people didn't have the final contract uploaded until a few hours before pickup, though the date and vin was showing up much before. Maybe they've streamlined the process a bit since then, but that's the way it was when I picked up last september.

Since the day I ordered my model 3 I have "Prepare for delivery". Currently I can see my delivery appointment scheduled but no VIN yet.
I am not sure if the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." stage is before or after my stage.

Since the day I ordered my model 3 I have "Prepare for delivery". Currently I can see my delivery appointment scheduled but no VIN yet.
I am not sure if the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." stage is before or after my stage.
If you don’t have a VIN, the delivery date is just an automated placeholder, there might as well be nothing there.

I’ve had 5 delivery days and 2 VINs, it’s messed.

Reactions: JasonCinOtt

Thats better than me. Ordered 17MARCH2019; still stuck "Prepare for Delivery" with an ETA of 2 weeks from order place date

Thats better than me. Ordered 17MARCH2019; still stuck "Prepare for Delivery" with an ETA of 2 weeks from order place date
Same. Exact same order date. They tried to give me a 2018 VIN, I declined. They tried to upsell me one with 19'' wheels that I would have to pay for to upgrade - I declined. Now sitting in limbo.

And now they just announced they are opening RHD orders for the UK and Europe, where do you think the focus is going to be for production?

Feel pretty baited.

Same. Exact same order date. They tried to give me a 2018 VIN, I declined. They tried to upsell me one with 19'' wheels that I would have to pay for to upgrade - I declined. Now sitting in limbo.

And now they just announced they are opening RHD orders for the UK and Europe, where do you think the focus is going to be for production?

Feel pretty baited.

What config did you order?

Ordering Spreadsheet shows the last Canadian who participated on the spreadsheet who ordered a SR+

kewvention who ordered 17 March 2019 a base SR+ in Blue, Black seats, Areo, received car Mar 26, 2019. Since then no one else who ordered SR or SR+ has received their vehicle since kewvention IN CANADA.

That was a month ago and quarter end crunch. What is up with new Canadian shipments of SR & SR+ ?

Last edited:
Ordering Spreadsheet shows the last Canadian who participated on the spreadsheet who ordered a SR+

kewvention who ordered 17 March 2019 a base SR+ in Blue, Black seats, Areo, received car Mar 26, 2019. Since then no one else who ordered SR or SR+ has received their vehicle since kewvention.

That was a month ago and quarter end crunch. What is up with new Canadian shipments of SR & SR+ ?

So around the same time - but my brother-in-law got a black SR+ (black interior, Aero) delivered on March 27 in Vancouver.

I've gotten a tentative delivery date set for my LR AWD White/Black 18s (2nd week of May). And received a VIN via email from my DA (doesn't show in my account yet). It's a 2019 model, but don't know the manufacture date (and neither did my DA).