Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Follow up to this...

Had no vin or delivery date was just something computer generated.

Called Vancouver Tesla (one on 4th). They had the same build as mine except with 19” wheels but a December 2018 build and $7100 discount.

I accepted it for now. Pickup will be in 2-3 days. Told it was not a demo and it was “brand new”. Will see how this goes.

I’ll give you guys a final follow-up...

Vancouver delivery is super busy lol apparently they have 180 deliveries scheduled on Saturday and 80 on Friday.... so yeah had to wait a little longer than expected.

Anyways picked up my car yesterday. December 2018 build and had 14km on it. So brand new car. Got more of a discount than I thought, almost 8200.

Beautiful car. No scratches. Paint was perfect. Interior was perfect. If you guys have any questions you can always shoot me a PM.

Like others have said, the car is worth the wait and that white interior is something else

I tried asking if there were any inventory Model 3s available at a discount (for end-of-Q1 delivery) and the answer was no (this was Vancouver). But that was a Sales advisor. Perhaps the delivery advisor (I haven't gotten the contact info for mine yet) has access to different data....or its only when you match a VIN to a 2018 car.

In Vancouver as well and got offered a $3000 discount for a Dec 2018 LR AWD. Did you have to ask for an additional discount to get the $8000?

Did you get this 2018 VIN matched in your account and then get the discount offer from your Delivery Advisor? Is this on a delivery before end of Q1?

Annoying thing is that I placed an order for a LR RWD. I couldn't justify the extra cost for an AWD. However - I might change my mind if there was a Dec 2018 build one at a discount (vs a brand new 2019 build RWD). However if you only find this out at VIN match time - it seems like its too late to switch. Or can a Delivery Advisor still make those changes/offers/see whats available?

Did you get this 2018 VIN matched in your account and then get the discount offer from your Delivery Advisor? Is this on a delivery before end of Q1?

Annoying thing is that I placed an order for a LR RWD. I couldn't justify the extra cost for an AWD. However - I might change my mind if there was a Dec 2018 build one at a discount (vs a brand new 2019 build RWD). However if you only find this out at VIN match time - it seems like its too late to switch. Or can a Delivery Advisor still make those changes/offers/see whats available?

I got a 2018 VIN posted to my account. Asked the DS about it, since I thought I was getting a 2019 (ordered at the beginning of March), and they offered the $3000 discount. I’m supposed to be getting delivery this weekend, so it’s for end of Q1. If it wasn’t for the discount, I definitely would’ve refused and waited for a 2019 VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I bought mine being told it was ready for delivery in Vancouver asap because it was a demo (only 104km, essentially brand new never driven), and come to find out it's in Seattle. Now this 1 day delivery (only 3-4 hours away from Vancouver) is going to take weeks.

On the bright side they are setting me up with a loaner.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Finally after dozens of calls calls to the 1-888 number and hours on hold, I managed to get a hold of someone who was able to move forward on a price adjustment. Vehicle is Dec 2018 build date, with 300KM on it (marked previous demo vehicle in MVPA). $7250 discount. I think that's fair, accounting for the 2018 VIN, not-quite-new state, and ongoing confusion around delivery date.

Hoping to pick up tomorrow if vehicle shows up as planned.

Finally after dozens of calls calls to the 1-888 number and hours on hold, I managed to get a hold of someone who was able to move forward on a price adjustment. Vehicle is Dec 2018 build date, with 300KM on it (marked previous demo vehicle in MVPA). $7250 discount. I think that's fair, accounting for the 2018 VIN, not-quite-new state, and ongoing confusion around delivery date.

Hoping to pick up tomorrow if vehicle shows up as planned.
That's nice discount. When did you order it? (sorry if I or somebody asked already - I couldn't find it in the thread). I have ordered my on March 4th and no VIN nor scheduled date yet.

That's nice discount. When did you order it? (sorry if I or somebody asked already - I couldn't find it in the thread). I have ordered my on March 4th and no VIN nor scheduled date yet.

March 17. Only reason it was quick is because I'm getting an inventory car that was sitting on a lot in upstate NY. Be skeptical about your delivery date when you get one. Mine was rescheduled *twice* with 0 notification from Tesla. I just happened to refresh the site one last time before booking my flight to pick up the car.

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
I'm looking to buy a SR+ was originally told I could have it for the price before the $700 jump even got a quote for it and then when I called to put a deposit on it they said oh sorry we can't discount the $700 on SR+. Pretty frustrated because I made financial arrangements to take delivery this weekend as well. Are people only getting a discount on long range?

• Informative
Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Is it a silly mistake to turn down a 2018 VIN with a discount? I got an e-mail stating my delivery is postponed but I can get the 2018 VIN car assigned to me next week with a discount (discount not known at this time) or wait for a 2019. Ordered two weeks ago.

I checked the VIN that was assigned to me, it's in the 14X,XXX range, which means the car was likely produced around October.

Can't decide, ARRRGH!

Reactions: SmartElectric
Is it a silly mistake to turn down a 2018 VIN with a discount? I got an e-mail stating my delivery is postponed but I can get the 2018 VIN car assigned to me next week with a discount (discount not known at this time) or wait for a 2019. Ordered two weeks ago.

I checked the VIN that was assigned to me, it's in the 14X,XXX range, which means the car was likely produced around October.

Can't decide, ARRRGH!

I got my car in October VIN is 110xxx not sure when it was produced but it's an AWD so can't have been too long before since they only started shipping them in July and supply was tight.

Can't decide, ARRRGH!

Find out what the discount is. I've seen some folks get 7k, and for that price I would jump all over it. The vin of 14xxxx is also pretty high I think, not likely an Oct build. I picked up my car Sept 28 and vin 107xxx, so thats 33,000 vins later.

Pretty crazy you ordered 2 weeks ago and can get a 2018 with discount in a week! Most of us paid full price (before the multiple price reductions) with no discount. Colour me jealous ;)

When did you order? It took just over 3 weeks before I saw any change in my account and delivery is scheduled to happen exactly 4 weeks after ordering. I think LR AWD cars may be in short supply.

One thing that's odd is my VIN is a 2019 build but the serial number is relatively low compared to current numbers. I.e. Mine is 5YJ3E1EB0KF1971xx while the highest VIN registered currently is 329895.

VIN's are not necessarily sequential.