Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 5K EV incentive is only available when you pay cash.
That is incorrect
I am financing. The 5k incentive is added once i gave them a call

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190504-101847.png
    Screenshot_20190504-101847.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Informative
Reactions: ATC@LWSK
Can you lease a Tesla in Canada?

Can you lease a Tesla in Canada?
Not yet, but you can lease other cars which is why it's in the overall table. Plus if you could lease a tesla (if they offered it) the program would allow a rebate.

But you CAN finance one through tesla, or any other financial institution...right? o_O

You said you have to pay cash, ie purchase outright. So you are saying nobody who buys an EV can finance it and get the rebate. Even non Tesla... Which is 100% wrong.

Does anyone know when you get your VIN? Do they assign it the moment your car comes off the production line. Or rather when they send it your general direction and assign VINS to those near by?
I'm tempted to change my order from white interior to black interior.
Everytime I get an update from MTL tesla they seem to say well we haven't seen any white interior yet. Lol thinking the black is more common and can get it sooner. I'm just worried if I change order it will delay the timeline.

Does anyone know when you get your VIN? Do they assign it the moment your car comes off the production line. Or rather when they send it your general direction and assign VINS to those near by?
Everytime I get an update from MTL tesla they seem to say well we haven't seen any white interior yet. Lol thinking the black is more common and can get it sooner. I'm just worried if I change order it will delay the timeline.
It's a toss up whether it will speed up or delay your delivery. Honestly it's best to get the build you want, even if you wait an extra couple weeks that's nothing compared to years with the car.

I wanted the white intitally, but at the time I ordered the white was significantly delayed so I stayed with black. Ultimately I'm really happy I stayed with black. White would have been too hard to keep clean.

Black is a more common interior, but I bet there will be lots of both in a couple of weeks, when production targets our geographical area. When I changed the interior from black to white, my order date was reset to the date of the change. Fortunately this was only a two day difference. Once I saw the white in person, I was very impressed with how it looks.

It's a toss up whether it will speed up or delay your delivery. Honestly it's best to get the build you want, even if you wait an extra couple weeks that's nothing compared to years with the car.

I wanted the white intitally, but at the time I ordered the white was significantly delayed so I stayed with black. Ultimately I'm really happy I stayed with black. White would have been too hard to keep clean.

6 months is long enough for the car and I love both white and black interior. I kinda prefer the black now but when I ordered I saw the white and was impressed.
The toss up is killing me I don't want to have to wait an extra 3 months because I just changed to black exterior. From my experience it seems tesla apparently only delivers cars once a quarter :(

6 months is long enough for the car and I love both white and black interior. I kinda prefer the black now but when I ordered I saw the white and was impressed.
The toss up is killing me I don't want to have to wait an extra 3 months because I just changed to black exterior. From my experience it seems tesla apparently only delivers cars once a quarter :(
I doubt changing would take an extra 3 months. They try and make it sound like changes re set the clock and put you to the back of the queue, but that wasn't my experience. I changed paint colours 3 times (MSM, Blue, White). The last change I made was very last minute, and I got my vin and delivery date 2 days after that change.

That was at end of q3 last year, so the end of quarter push probably did factor in a bit. But that's when they were also renting out the internal centre to handle the volume of cars, I believe they have a more steady stream coming through.

My advise if it means anything is; if you love the white, go with that. It's tough to be patient, I get that, but every time you get in the car you'll be glad you waited for the version you wanted most.

Good luck!

Yes there is a quarterly delivery cycle Elon called waves. He said they were trying to unwind the waves, but they have one assembly plant, and a global market. Our turn is coming. I suspect they will put more inventory in Canada this cycle, because of the rebate. They will need enough to last until the next quarter.

Or, they need enough to fully deplete the rebate funds, which will happen much faster now that the 3 qualifies :)
300,000,000 over very roughly 50,000 - 60000 plugins. incentives (varied amounts applicable

in 2018 - 44,175 EVs sold in Canada. 2019 should increase due to Federal incentive.

I highly suggest to all my family and friends seriously considering to purchase a new EV to buy before the end of June.

Reactions: Kmartyn
It will be interesting to see how many 3's are sold in relation to other rebated vehicles in Canada during the lifetime of the federal program.

www.ev-volumes.com (paywalled) reports 42,706 electric vehicles were sold in Canada in 2018.

upload_2019-5-5_13-10-8.png

At current $49,990, the SR+ RWD should do well. Though I wonder how many of those buyers would really have wanted a Y. Could spark a decent number of 3's coming up for resale when the Y becomes available.