Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are definitely trying to deliver as many within Q2 as possible. I was texted Monday night for a pick up appointment today at noon. I could not make the appointment due to obligations mid-week and was advised if I could not pick up within 48h I would forefeit the VIN match and be placed back in the queue. Guessing someone is picking up the SR+ I was assigned for pick up today in Toronto.

They are definitely trying to deliver as many within Q2 as possible. I was texted Monday night for a pick up appointment today at noon. I could not make the appointment due to obligations mid-week and was advised if I could not pick up within 48h I would forefeit the VIN match and be placed back in the queue. Guessing someone is picking up the SR+ I was assigned for pick up today in Toronto.

I suspect that's what happened to mine as well - I had VIN in source code and confirmation from DA that the car was out of production. But I assume with shipping to Montreal and then subsequently delivering to Ottawa, they felt they couldn't get it to me in time and matched it to someone else. I have confirmation from DA that there is no longer a car assigned to me and no ETA. There's an article today in Electrek that they are trying to march inventory to buyers they can deliver to in June.

There will likely be another big rush of orders in Canada next quarter, prior to the risk of the Canadian rebate ending in October, with the federal election. The US rebate will not be much of a factor then, I wonder if Tesla volume in the US will drop significantly? Really need the provinces other than Quebec and BC to add BEV rebates, but I see no signs of that happening.

There will likely be another big rush of orders in Canada next quarter, prior to the risk of the Canadian rebate ending in October, with the federal election. The US rebate will not be much of a factor then, I wonder if Tesla volume in the US will drop significantly? Really need the provinces other than Quebec and BC to add BEV rebates, but I see no signs of that happening.
The rebate applies to the entire tax year so it's not likely it gets pulled immediately, likely wouldn't be pulled until a Conservative gov't tables a budget.

Keep in mind that it will likely be a minority government, so the Liberals can join with the NDP to still control parliament.

The rebate applies to the entire tax year so it's not likely it gets pulled immediately, likely wouldn't be pulled until a Conservative gov't tables a budget.

I’m thinking the opposite. The Conservatives outlined their Climate Change plan the other day. (It isn’t really a Climate Action plan.)

It is heavy on companies taking action, not government.

It opposes carbon levies that provincial superior courts have upheld.

It opposes government participation to support individuals making changes.

For me, that indicates reversal of the federal government support for individuals to contribute to Climate Action through ZEVs.

[/QUOTE]Keep in mind that it will likely be a minority government, so the Liberals can join with the NDP to still control parliament.[/QUOTE]

Even if it were a minority government, opposition parties can have strong influence on the legislative agenda. Changing the administration of a financial plan is an executive function, not a legislative function. The Conservatives would be unfettered in making changes.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I agree. Ontario Conservatives made cutting the EV rebate one of their first actions. They didn’t wait for a budget. No reason to expect the federal Conservatives won’t do the same. If we have a conservative government the federal rebate will be gone before Christmas

Perhaps with the lowering of the US rebate we'll see more incentives offered by Tesla to push sales? That and potentially lower financing in July is what I'm hoping for

Was approved at 3.45% rate wondering if it'll drop in July considering where we're seeing the rate of lending currently?

Reactions: Kmartyn
I bought a Model 3 in May with 7500 free supercharger klms in Ottawa, Ontario (had it delivered on the 21st of June). Just got back from a road trip and no free supercharger klms have been applied to my account, yet. Called tesla and they told me to email referals@tesla. Have not heard back. How does the free supercharger klms work? Anyone else has a similar experience, when you buy with a promotion only to find out that the promotion is kind of forgotten later?

I bought a Model 3 in May with 7500 free supercharger klms in Ottawa, Ontario (had it delivered on the 21st of June). Just got back from a road trip and no free supercharger klms have been applied to my account, yet. Called tesla and they told me to email referals@tesla. Have not heard back. How does the free supercharger klms work? Anyone else has a similar experience, when you buy with a promotion only to find out that the promotion is kind of forgotten later?
I didn't notice any supercharger credit when my car was delivered, mentioned it to my delivery person, then next day found it in the lootbox of Tesla app. It still shows $ when supercharging, but my credit has reduced accordingly.

I think UK deliveries actually began a month ago.

Tesla Model 3 UK deliveries begin - British drivers finally receive their electric cars

It didn't slow deliveries in Vancouver. I received my SR+ on June 14 and that was a 100+ delivery day in Vancouver.

That looks to be a good sign that they might be unwinding their quarterly delivery waves a bit. Though I think we will still see a quarter end rush in North America, like in June. Any idea what VCR is delivering now? 30 a day?

I suspect that's what happened to mine as well - I had VIN in source code and confirmation from DA that the car was out of production. But I assume with shipping to Montreal and then subsequently delivering to Ottawa, they felt they couldn't get it to me in time and matched it to someone else. I have confirmation from DA that there is no longer a car assigned to me and no ETA. There's an article today in Electrek that they are trying to march inventory to buyers they can deliver to in June.
Where do you find it in source code, please?