Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Reservations Transferable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved my Model 3 at the end of May 2017. My delivery estimator says beginning of 2019. I need to get a car now and was wondering if there’s someone who’s delivery is expected in the next few months and would like to swap for a later date. I’m not sure if Tesla will allow this but thought I’d ask.
Thanks.

Well , this is a deep subject and if you believed all the literature when the reservations began, the answer is no, but with all that's gone on since Tesla made the rules , U .S. reservations and owners of and S,X or ? can now get there's before supposed international orders , I.e. my dad has an S, so I ordered on his account , then swapped to my account , and I got to build and 2 weeks I get mine , and so on . who the hell knows what the rules are anymore. All I know is that I ordered 6 April 2016 and its anyone's guess when I might ever see one or Tesla' goes bust! Not very fair .

.. . who the hell knows what the rules are anymore. ...
Everyone knows what the rules are.
The rules are registrations are not transferable. The only exception is to a family member. So it was within the rules for your father to transfer the car/reservation to you.

To the OP, if you no longer plan to get the Model 3, cancel your reservation, get your $1000 and let those in line behind you get theirs a tiny bit sooner.