Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Window Seal Gaps an Issue? (Not regular condensation in glass)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that on my driver side, the seal that's between the back seat window and the little window has some gaps on the top and the side (little window side). The passenger side is perfect and tight. I don't expect this to really be an issue, but I'm wondering what would happen if a little water got in there?

Does it just drain out somewhere in between the exterior and interior? On the inside, this is where the black plastic piece runs vertically in between the back seat and tiny window. Wasn't sure if that provides an extra level of protection from water getting inside the car?

Sorry for the garbage picture, but essentially, there's a little notch at the top with a gap, and along one side the rubber pokes in and creates another gap.

upload_2019-7-30_10-46-18.png

Tesla gave me a quote for about under 500 to replace the seal on all doors.

they temporarily fix mine by removing the seal and reput it back on. After awhile it came back but did fixed most of it.

bad material quality and design. 50 years of car innovation, there certain thing that had beef refined through the years should not be changed. Like the door seal design and the other is the wiper.

I have this. They fixed it under warranty.
for the right side, the mobile dude use a heat gun to heat it up and bend it a bit and fix it completely.
Maybe you guys can try a heat gun/hair dryer. Just heat it up a bit and bend it. It takes the bended shape afterwards, saves you 500 bucks

Attachments

• 89D7FA51-75A9-4A86-B042-FB6A9559828D.jpeg
    89D7FA51-75A9-4A86-B042-FB6A9559828D.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 722
Reactions: EVChris