Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you intending to reserve a Model 3?

How do you intend to reserve a Model 3?

• Seattle, WA

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Bellevue, WA

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Portland, OR

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Vancouver, B.C.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Not intending to reserve

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

i thought it'd be a bit of fun to ask this question as a poll, get a quick idea of how many of us are reserving at which store on March 31st, online on April 1st, or not.

Any others comments welcome in the thread.

cheers, Mike

I think I will wait a bit. I ordered my S about a year before production and got an early car with a lot of "missing" features. Fear the 3 will probably come out of the gate feature poor with things added fairly quickly as time goes on (similar to the S).

I think I will wait a bit. I ordered my S about a year before production and got an early car with a lot of "missing" features. Fear the 3 will probably come out of the gate feature poor with things added fairly quickly as time goes on (similar to the S).

thanks

11 people only so far registered. Wondering if the belief many will turn up, to the point of lines in Bel-square are wishful thinking....

I love the wishful thinking, though if the ardent Tesla supporters on here are any indication, 50% intend to just reserve online. My own thinking here is to be there as much to chat and answer questions for prospective new customers as reserving one.

My last day at work will be the 31st but don't know what time I'll be done. I'm thinking about taking a Bolt bus down to Seattle to reserve using some of my severance. (I don't have a car) How's that for dedication? I know it doesn't make any sense but it would be great to be a part of this.

I know this is all speculation, but if the reveal isn't until the evening of the 31st, would in-store reservations wait until the reveal? I've tried to look through some of the other threads on the topic without success.

Guess I asked a few hours early. From the e-mail I received from Tesla today offering an entry to a drawing for the reveal event:

"Model 3 reservations will open to the public in Tesla stores at 10am Pacific on March 31st. A website live stream with online reservations will begin at 8:30pm Pacific the same day."​

I'm considering it. No so much for me, but my daughter will be in college by then and my son will be pretty far along in his college career (he's a high school senior this year), and it might make sense for one of them. Having one on order gives us the flexibility to take it if it makes sense, or let it go. Optionality...