Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't mind asking about details...
1. PPF - entire hood and fenders?
2. Was the window tint ceramic?
3. What was the total cost?
1: Full frontal pic from their site.
2: Yes - XPEL XR Plus
3: DM

Attachments

• 7ECEC548-21E0-4807-86A0-9C492DD0C622.jpeg
    7ECEC548-21E0-4807-86A0-9C492DD0C622.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 41
I was told over the weekend, by a very experienced tint company, that the new Y's now have ceramic on the roof so don't waste the money. Can anyone else confirm that's the case.
Don't know if the roof has ceramic or not but I can confirm the roof gets pretty hot under AZ sun. Car gets heated up more if you are going on long drives or parked outside for long. Cabin overheat protection while parked or the AC while driving consumes more battery for cooling and causes less range. I am definitely going for a heat rejection tint. I am going to get my car completely tinted (including roof) with Spectra PhotoSync IRD 30% VLT which has the best total solar energy rejection ratings (TSER) I have researched so far. For comparison Xpel XR Plus with 30% VLT has TSER as 61%.

1632327420109.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AZSTAD and JHCCAZ
Did anyone else get an unexpected request for final payment? I ordered a MYLR on August 27 and my EDD has bouncing around in late December to January. Suddenly at 12:30 AM tonight I got an email asking for me to "Pay Your Model Y Balance." I have not even received a VIN yet. I don't know if this is a car that someone else rejected or otherwise why I would get delivery so soon. I have to scurry to get money together and find an electrician to install wiring for charging. Should I click the button even through it will take 4 or 5 days to get the money?

Did anyone else get an unexpected request for final payment? I ordered a MYLR on August 27 and my EDD has bouncing around in late December to January. Suddenly at 12:30 AM tonight I got an email asking for me to "Pay Your Model Y Balance." I have not even received a VIN yet. I don't know if this is a car that someone else rejected or otherwise why I would get delivery so soon. I have to scurry to get money together and find an electrician to install wiring for charging. Should I click the button even through it will take 4 or 5 days to get the money?
If you still have to find an electrician to install wiring for charging, the problem might be solved for you, as when that is complete you may no longer have the money to buy the car... :)

Seriously if you have no VIN in your account on the website, and no text message about delivery etc, then it's quite possible this email is a mistake - could be the SA got your account crossed with someone else's. But it's certainly also possible that you lucked out due to someone else with your configuration deciding to back out. I'm sure you'll find out in the next several hours.

Something similar happened to me back in June, only a month after I ordered in May and I wasn't able to take it due to travel. My deferral put me back to the end of the line and my EDD is currently Oct-Nov.

There is some possibility that a back-out is because somebody thought there was a build problem with that car, but I think these days that's not likely - outgoing QC is mich better now, and wait times are very long. So a refused/deferred delivery is most likely just a buyer changing his mind for whatever reason.

What is your configuration? In any case I hope it all works out for the best and you get a great car fast.

What is your configuration? In any case I hope it all works out for the best and you get a great car fast.
Blue with white interior LR.

I just got the text for delivery time, so its real. They only give me one choice - Monday afternoon, which I can't take due to a work commitment. It is delivery to my home. It is irritating that they aren't more flexible. I would be quite willing to drive to North Scottsdale another day.

Well congratulations! I also have a blue with white interior long range. I originally ordered in May, but more importantly went off and intermediate hold in mid July. Right now they're telling me late October to early November. Looks like you won the Tesla Lottery with less than a month from order to delivery of an MYLR - but that's fine please enjoy your car!

Blue with white interior LR.

I just got the text for delivery time, so its real. They only give me one choice - Monday afternoon, which I can't take due to a work commitment. It is delivery to my home. It is irritating that they aren't more flexible. I would be quite willing to drive to North Scottsdale another day.
Funny... something similar may be happening for my MYLR (OD:7/21) except in my case the EDD pull-in looks unreal/not realistic... For last two+ weeks, I had the EDD for Oct13 thru Nov2 and all of a sudden this Sat (9/25) morning, the tesla/manage account started showing the EDD of 9/28-9/30 but I have had NO Tesla text/email about VIN update or anything else for my MY, at least not of this morning. We will see... if I receive a VIN or if the EDD resets back to the original EDD od (God forbid :)) some later time....

Funny... something similar may be happening for my MYLR (OD:7/21) except in my case the EDD pull-in looks unreal/not realistic... For last two+ weeks, I had the EDD for Oct13 thru Nov2 and all of a sudden this Sat (9/25) morning, the tesla/manage account started showing the EDD of 9/28-9/30 but I have had NO Tesla text/email about VIN update or anything else for my MY, at least not of this morning. We will see... if I receive a VIN or if the EDD resets back to the original EDD od (God forbid :)) some later time....
After seeing EDD of 9/28-9/30 for like 2-3 days, its back to 10/1 - 10/18...

Has anyone in this (AZ) forum received their VINs lately?

Thanks.

This thread has been quiet for a few days...

I have a question about AZ registration. It seems like Arizona would allow us to register for 5 years(at the very low 2021 cost per year, this would be painless). But someone told me that the cars come with a one year registration sticker only.

Is it possible to extend to five years as soon as you get the car, or do you have to wait until you're eligible for registration again after the first year is nearly done? Or is there some way to work with Tesla to get the 5-year registration done as part of the purchase process?

I have a question about AZ registration. It seems like Arizona would allow us to register for 5 years(at the very low 2021 cost per year, this would be painless). But someone told me that the cars come with a one year registration sticker only.

Is it possible to extend to five years as soon as you get the car, or do you have to wait until you're eligible for registration again after the first year is nearly done? Or is there some way to work with Tesla to get the 5-year registration done as part of the purchase process?
This is a very good question, as I was wondering the same thing. I’m expecting to take delivery of my MYP between mid Oct and mid Nov. I was looking to try to extend for as long as possible before the fee schedules increased.

This is a very good question, as I was wondering the same thing. I’m expecting to take delivery of my MYP between mid Oct and mid Nov. I was looking to try to extend for as long as possible before the fee schedules increased.
To be clear, I think the fees are supposed to stay cheap as long as you bought the car in 2021 - even if you renew one year at a time after that. But it would be most convenient to go ahead and get a five year sticker right up front.

I got my car in August, and it came with 5 year registration for like $100.