TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

At last auto-dim headlights

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by culverwood, Aug 23, 2017.

1. culverwood

culverwood Member

New version uploaded last night - only change auto-dim headlights :)

2. xnetco

xnetco Member

Now we just need auto wipers. :)

3. DJP31

DJP31 Member

I believe it also cured the bug drivers abroad had been experiencing on return to the UK - the speed limit was being converted to kph. Auto wipers awaited as @xnetco says. I really hope that comes soon as it won't be long before we can kiss goodbye to the nice weather.

It does surprise me that this hasn't been sorted yet. Some of the updates, including this one IMO, are far less important which does make me wonder whether the cameras aren't up to the job :eek:

4. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

not released in the uk yet :(

5. DJP31

DJP31 Member

What isn't? The auto dim update is, plenty on the FB group getting it. I'd don't think the auto wipers are released anywhere yet?

6. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

auto-dim - hasn't got to me yet.

ev-fw.com shows no update in the uk..
    maybe it doesnt have so many uk members which is a shame as it is a useful site to track updates
    Am member of the facebook group, but can't be bothered as dont care what someone had for breakfast etc.

nobody has autowipers yet so far as I know.

7. mrkisskiss

mrkisskiss Member

I'm pretty sure 17.32.6ca28227 is going out to us - which has auto-dim headlights. There are no auto-wipers on AP2 yet for anyone.

Ev-fw says "Great Britain" in the list of countries it's been going out to, and TeslaFi has been recording updates going out to the England and the United Kingdom... so I think you'll get it soon. Is your car connected on WiFi? You'll get the update quicker if so (they push it out to wifi connected cars first)

8. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

ah - my bad - I thought it was update 17.32.9ea02cb, didnt realise it was in the earlier one.
    Car definitely on wifi so hopefully I get it soon. Thanks.

9. culverwood

culverwood Member

Just got 2017.34 2448cfc last night. I have not noticed any changes

10. DJP31

DJP31 Member

Bug fixes and minor improvements only.

11. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

still no auto-headlights here - grumble grumble

12. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

AP2 may be better, but I don't like them on AP1 car. Wife is happy with them though ...

I'm a rural driver, so town / highway may be different. One example which springs to mind was the need for beam when on a narrow country lane at dusk, auto-headlights thought it unnecessary .... There's probably a way to override it, but I didn't know what it was at the time and wound up holding the stalk whilst driving.

13. 12Pack

12Pack Member

Indeed the camera was probably still seeing the light from the sky at dusk. Can be turned off tapping Controls and disable Auto high beam.

14. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Thanks. Yes, aware of that, but cannot do that in an urgent situation, particularly one needing eyes-on-road.

I suspect that there is a stalk-based override somewhere, but I haven't researched it. If not then I think there should be one - e.g. double-flick the Beam stalk.

15. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Nope. In my area, it hasn't worked too well, so I turn it off through the menus whenever I get a loaner with one.

• Like x 1