Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attention Tesla.com Web Master!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You think that's bad, I actually sent Tesla this pic from an article about the warning that comes up on a Model X when you attempt to drive off while still charging, the warning said "Unable to Dive"!

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 41
This may be one of those usages that falls into the personal preference category. I will continue to use fewer just because it sounds right.

But again, 'fewer' in this instance, would still be an inaccurate description of the meaning of the message.

"The Final Countdown"
-Europe (hilarious that it was covered by Asia...)

Um... no.

The Final Countdown (song) - Wikipedia

And this doesn't count because some high-school band in Denmark called themselves 'Asia'.

They probably have no idea there actually was a real 'supergroup' Asia in the 80's.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo
I knew you'd ask! :D

I'll try to remember an example and post it. There's a few.

I won't start down the: e before i except after y and sometimes... path.

Learning French (even with the weird fascination of male and female nouns) was easier than English and my native language is English!

OMG as soon as I read the e i part my find popped to French and the rules + exceptions. cage plage mage rage.... or something like that...
55 seconds in:

OMG as soon as I read the e i part my find popped to French and the rules + exceptions. cage plage mage rage.... or something like that...
That was pretty darn funny. Never heard of the guy, but I'm going to plagiarize his teacher's i before e rule.

"It's i before e except after c and sounding like a as in neighbor and weigh and weekends and holidays all throughout May and you'll always be wrong no matter what you say."

He and I have the same love for science. I always waited until D-day to do any projects. Physics was about as close to an interest in science I ever got. Math was always my thing. I even considered a math degree in college until I researched the careers opportunities that alone would allow me.

Reactions: mongo
Ua man this what’cha get when folks is presenting grammar as how they dun up an spoke tings back ‘bout a whole century before time...

Words is ain't working that way.

Nuff a dem ain’t even spoke that way back then. Only folks from hoods like Oxford is ever spoke that way man.

Ua man this what’cha get when folks is presenting grammar as how they dun up an spoke tings back ‘bout a whole century before time...

Words is ain't working that way.

Nuff a dem ain’t even spoke that way back then. Only folks from hoods like Oxford is ever spoke that way man.

I love you man. The older I get the more I think ppl use their proficiency with language to generally make themselves feel better about themselves, and specifically to make themselves feel better about themselves as compared to 'other' people. My English is excellent, but I need to make sure I don't use it in a way that would put others down or imply I'm better than them.

I love you man. The older I get the more I think ppl use their proficiency with language to generally make themselves feel better about themselves,

My English is excellent, but I need to make sure I don't use it in a way that would put others down or imply I'm better than them.
I love English. It’s an awesome language.

See, if y’all live in Japan or France you have to change to fit the language.

But if ya live in the USA, UK, Jamaica, India, or heaven forbid even Canada; the language has to change to fit you.

It gives us a massive flexible system where the only rule is pure democracy.

Or basically; if you feel me, if you get what I’m saying, then it’s gonna be in next year’s dictionary. ;)

They don’t exactly have grammar police in Japan, but they do have a commitee, and I think in France they once tried to actually have language police. We English speakers ain’t gonna stand for that kind of thing. ;)

(Could you imagine Metal, Country, Rap, Jazz, Reggae, Bluegrass, Punk, Pop, and more coming from anywhere in the world other than countries that spoke versions of English? Free up the language and you free up the mind.)

I love English. It’s an awesome language.

See, if y’all live in Japan or France you have to change to fit the language.

But if ya live in the USA, UK, Jamaica, India, or heaven forbid even Canada; the language has to change to fit you.

It gives us a massive flexible system where the only rule is pure democracy.

Or basically; if you feel me, if you get what I’m saying, then it’s gonna be in next year’s dictionary. ;)

They don’t exactly have grammar police in Japan, but they do have a commitee, and I think in France they once tried to actually have language police. We English speakers ain’t gonna stand for that kind of thing. ;)

(Could you imagine Metal, Country, Rap, Jazz, Reggae, Bluegrass, Punk, Pop, and more coming from anywhere in the world other than countries that spoke versions of English? Free up the language and you free up the mind.)

That's cause English is the world's dominant language, and therefore doesn't have an inferiority complex and is not afraid of change. Everyone else is afraid of change. Especially the French...