Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi Q6 e-tron EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At a 175 kW charger the charge speed will slowly drop as of 80%. At a 50 kW charger this happens only at 98%.

Sounds pretty clear to me. Would be pretty awesome, if true.
Yeah, at 150kW, 30 minutes will give you 75kWh, and 80% of 90kWh battery is 72kWh.

Tesla Model X 100D NEDC consumption is 351 miles / 100kWh so 5.65km/kWh.
If the car can charge 100km of NEDC range in 10 minutes, that means 100/5.65=17.7kWh so charger power is 106kW, which doesn't add up.

(mod note: this and several following posts were merged in from a separate thread)

Audi e-tron® | The first electric SUV from Audi | Audi USA

I'm looking forward to seeing what Audi has to offer in mid September with their full unveiling of the etron SUV. IMHO it looks much nicer than the X. I've been looking to switch to a larger SUV for the kid hauling but not a total fan of the Model X. With a 95kwh battery and AWD its likely to be fairly close to the X. Only major downside will be the lack of supercharger network access for road trips, however i only use those 2-3 times a year for long distance travels. Places like CA have been on board with installing public DC chargers so it probably wont be much of an issue other than a higher energy cost. Plus Audi will have their full Federal rebate for quite a long time still. I think that will start hurting the higher end Tesla sales...
upload_2018-8-22_5-58-39.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jaguar was supposed to be the “next Tesla killer” so I assumed we had to promote the Audi.
Does Ford call their new vehicles Chevy killers? Stop reiterating these pointless claims and let those terms die a slow miserable death. No where in my post did I or anyone but you claim this will be a Tesla Killer. It's just another BEV coming to the road as an option.

The things I am interested in each of these new EV vehicles, which seem to be missing from the early, glossy, reviews (mostly where journalists have been flown to some nice, sunny, location ...) are:

I have no interest that one car is a car-or-two's length ahead in a 0-60 dash. I have no interest what the performance is above 80 MPH. I have marginal interest in the passing-speed (but only really if the car is slow in any of these tests, all EVs are/should be "quick" compared to my actual needs)

So other than that:
  • Real world range
    • Winter range difference
  • Speed that it will charge on Rapid Charger, and how soon / how much the Taper is - this in context of how many days out-of-range I will drive in a month
    • e.g. comparison of the time to charge from 10% to 80%
  • How likely the car is to have newbie-EV-maker snags (Jag is delaying delivers and has restricted test-drives pending range running etc.)
and then the list that I would have for any car, regardless of make or ICE/EV:
  • Build quality, Comfort, Audio, SatNav, Looks etc.

The things I am interested in each of these new EV vehicles, which seem to be missing from the early, glossy, reviews (mostly where journalists have been flown to some nice, sunny, location ...) are:

I have no interest that one car is a car-or-two's length ahead in a 0-60 dash. I have no interest what the performance is above 80 MPH. I have marginal interest in the passing-speed (but only really if the car is slow in any of these tests, all EVs are/should be "quick" compared to my actual needs)

So other than that:
  • Real world range
    • Winter range difference
  • Speed that it will charge on Rapid Charger, and how soon / how much the Taper is - this in context of how many days out-of-range I will drive in a month
    • e.g. comparison of the time to charge from 10% to 80%
  • How likely the car is to have newbie-EV-maker snags (Jag is delaying delivers and has restricted test-drives pending range running etc.)
and then the list that I would have for any car, regardless of make or ICE/EV:
  • Build quality, Comfort, Audio, SatNav, Looks etc.
Yup. Much of that should come out in September with the full release and the fact that it's Audi should solve all your last bullet concerns. Time will tell. I've been a Tesla owner for 3 going on 4 years. Had my ups and downs and currently down. Things is there has yet to be any form of competition so I just stick it out.

Yup. Much of that should come out in September with the full release and the fact that it's Audi should solve all your last bullet concerns. Time will tell. I've been a Tesla owner for 3 going on 4 years. Had my ups and downs and currently down. Things is there has yet to be any form of competition so I just stick it out.
Same here. I'd love an alternative to Tesla. As much as I dislike dealers, there are aspects to Tesla's start-up-ish culture that are equally bad, if not more worse. I've experienced frustrations with this car that I never even dreamed possible.

We like our Audi and would consider an Audi EV, BUT until there exists a long-distance network, it's a nonstarter. And I like all 6 seats in my X.

Any news on production capacity? As much as a charging network is important, I think production capacity is the true Achilles heel of most EV manufacturers with the exception of Tesla who has a major head start in battery manufacturing capacity. Relying on LG Chem and Samsung isn't going to be sustainable as more and more manufacturers start launching their EVs and demanding batteries.

Even Tesla is production-constrained, but they are currently the market leader in the EV space.

When EV's really catch-on (soon), buyers will find themselves waiting a long time for the most desirable cars. They will either have to buy a different EV that happens to be available or another ICE....or wait.

Audi e-tron® | The first electric SUV from Audi | Audi USA

I'm looking forward to seeing what Audi has to offer in mid September with their full unveiling of the etron SUV. IMHO it looks much nicer than the X. I've been looking to switch to a larger SUV for the kid hauling but not a total fan of the Model X. With a 95kwh battery and AWD its likely to be fairly close to the X. Only major downside will be the lack of supercharger network access for road trips, however i only use those 2-3 times a year for long distance travels. Places like CA have been on board with installing public DC chargers so it probably wont be much of an issue other than a higher energy cost. Plus Audi will have their full Federal rebate for quite a long time still. I think that will start hurting the higher end Tesla sales...
View attachment 327850

Any news if this camo E-Tron paint will be an option? It looks totally cool, I would buy this if they make it an option.