Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi Q6 e-tron EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drag coefficient of 0.28 and virtual mirrors (where legal).
Audi: e-tron prototype drag coefficient of 0.28 contributes to 400 km range; virtual mirrors and dimples

5b0f0fff80c5e.jpg

It does not seem as Audi will be on the market anytime soon.

The boss has been arrested. E-Tron has been pushed back. You cannot push e-mobility without strong leadership. Audi has to solve other problems than the e-tron right now. Seems like Tesla and Jaguar will remain alone on the market for quite some time.

Audi sagt Premiere des Elektro-SUV e-tron ab

The car hasn't been pushed back, the reveal was just pushed back several weeks, because of the arrest. It should have been at the Audi Summit, but that event won't happen. Now the head of engineering will reveal it a couple weeks later. This has nothing to do with the production timeframe, though.

Edit: Here is the official statement:
"Heute haben wir entschieden den Audit Summit am 30. und 31. August 2018 in Brüssel aus organisatorischen Gründen abzusagen.

Der Gipfel wird zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt in den USA nachgeholt werden.

Wir werden Sie bald über Einzelheiten informieren."

Translation(my own):

"We decided today to cancel the Audi Summit on August 30th and 31st 2018 in Brussels because of organizational reasons.

The Summit will be held at a later time in the USA.

We will inform you about the specific details."

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: tescroft
A leaderless company is going to be very challenged to make the tough decisions necessary to fundamentally reinvent their business.

Instead what you get is lots of horse trading on budgets, slipping timelines and massive internal political jockeying.

Reactions: WarpedOne
I don't believe that press release BS for a second. If you see how hard Tesla and their CEO has to push to ramp up an EV mass production, I doubt Audi is able to do anything close to that without the leader on board. Though decisions are needed to be done to do the transformation of a company mainly selling diesel cars to one selling EVs. Just think about all those petrol heads in the sales department, let alone the résistance in the Service Profit Centre.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: R.S and bxr140
I don't believe that press release BS for a second. If you see how hard Tesla and their CEO has to push to ramp up an EV mass production, I doubt Audi is able to do anything close to that without the leader on board. Though decisions are needed to be done to do the transformation of a company mainly selling diesel cars to one selling EVs. Just think about all those petrol heads in the sales department, let alone the résistance in the Service Profit Centre.

Audi Delays E-Tron Electric SUV Reveal, Launch Still On Track

Insideevs has some more info. The car is fully developed, no reason to not build it. Add in supply contracts and it would be a very big financial loss.

Also, what would be better to distance yourself from the old CEOs diesel scandal, than a new EV? So the new CEO will be very happy to show off their new EV.

• Disagree
Reactions: tescroft and bxr140
One of the problems is, Audi is VW. Its the same company group, the same managers, the same mindset. This corporate group has zero credibility any more. They lied to regulators, they lied to customers. All the management knew it. A lot of engineers and workers knew it. Nobody, not a single employee within that company group, stood up against the scam going on with their diesel engines. Check this documentary on Netflix to get some devastating facts about those companies now waiving the "EV" flag: Dirty Money | Netflix Official Site

They've a lot of reasons not to build the e-tron, to delay it or to limit production quantities or to limit demand by expensive pricing. VW is stockpiling newly produced ICE cars on a large airfield currently (Berlin: VW parkt jetzt auf auf BER-Flughafen - Parkplatznot!), because they did not yet receive regulatory approval. This stuff needs to be sold soon. VW/Audi/<insert group nameplate> have tons of other problems to solve. 99.5% of their lineup are ICEs, a lot of them don't have sales permission currently. They have absolutly no interest in a fast EV success, as they still need to sell lots of ICEs to survive in the years to come. An EV buyer doesn't come back to ICEs. They know that. They want to prevent their customer base from that move as long as they can. That new CEO needs to firefight, influence politics, prevent other lawsuits, fight against more demanding emmission standards, declining market share, production capacity movements and tons of other crisis management. He cannot focus on EVs at this time, because the companies depend on ongoing and vast numbers of ICE sales that need to continue for the next years to come. In such an environment, e-tron production ramp up will get low priority as a result.

Last edited:
One of the problems is, Audi is VW. Its the same company group, the same managers, the same mindset. This corporate group has zero credibility any more. They lied to regulators, they lied to customers. All the management knew it. A lot of engineers and workers knew it. Nobody, not a single employee within that company group, stood up against the scam going on with their diesel engines. Check this documentary on Netflix to get some devastating facts about those companies now waiving the "EV" flag: Dirty Money | Netflix Official Site

They've a lot of reasons not to build the e-tron, to delay it or to limit production quantities or to limit demand by expensive pricing. VW is stockpiling newly produced ICE cars on a large airfield currently (Berlin: VW parkt jetzt auf auf BER-Flughafen - Parkplatznot!), because they did not yet receive regulatory approval. This stuff needs to be sold soon. VW/Audi/<insert group nameplate> have tons of other problems to solve. 99.5% of their lineup are ICEs, a lot of them don't have sales permission currently. They have absolutly no interest in a fast EV success, as they still need to sell lots of ICEs to survive in the years to come. An EV buyer doesn't come back to ICEs. They know that. They want to prevent their customer base from that move as long as they can. That new CEO needs to firefight, influence politics, prevent other lawsuits, fight against more demanding emmission standards, declining market share, production capacity movements and tons of other crisis management. He cannot focus on EVs at this time, because the companies depend on ongoing and vast numbers of ICE sales that need to continue for the next years to come. In such an environment, e-tron production ramp up will get low priority as a result.

What a load of FUD...

Well done though! Maybe some Tesla short sellers should hire you.

Getting personal if one is out of arguments if a well know strategy.

Seriously, I don‘t understand how people still buy cars from these companies, independent of the drive train. I don‘t buy from a company when I get cheated, I vote with my legs. If they cheated with diesel drive trains, who guarantees that they will not do the same with electric drive trains? Although it is not possible to cheat with emissions, there are a lot of possible areas where customers may be taken to the cleaners. Artificial short service intervals to keep alive the service profit centre revenue stream, heavy battery degeneration, short battery life-time, etc.

Seriously, if you don‘t like a Tesla for whatever reason, get the I-pace Jag. That seems like a decent EV in contrary to the e-tron vaporware.

Last edited:
Getting personal if one is out of arguments if a well know strategy.

Seriously, I don‘t understand how people still buy cars from these companies, independent of the drive train. I don‘t buy from a company when I get cheated, I vote with my legs. If they cheated with diesel drive trains, who guarantees that they will not do the same with electric drive trains? Although it is not possible to cheat with emissions, there are a lot of possible areas where customers may be taken to the cleaners. Artificial short service intervals to keep alive the service profit centre revenue stream, heavy battery degeneration, short battery life-time, etc.

Seriously, if you don‘t like a Tesla for whatever reason, get the I-pace Jag. That seems like a decent EV in contrary to the e-tron vaporware.
I doubt service intervalls will be different from my Audi A6 3.0 Avant TDI, which are 24 months or 30000km, whichever comes first.

Tesla on the other hand, 12 months or 20000km whichever comes first with prices far higher than my Audi A6! ;)
Unbenannt.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
that body wrap is annoying. just show the car and be done with the bs.
If you watch the Autogefuehl video it's kind of there (they show a 3D rendering of the car on the center screen at some point, which has normal paint ;)).

I love the interior. Apparently it has the same screen layout as the Audi A8, which is excellent (love the haptic feedback on the A8 touch screens).

If you watch the Autogefuehl video it's kind of there (they show a 3D rendering of the car on the center screen at some point, which has normal paint ;)).

I love the interior. Apparently it has the same screen layout as the Audi A8, which is excellent (love the haptic feedback on the A8 touch screens).
yeah i saw that, pretty basic audi styling. nothing "weird" which is nice, but the lower plastic parts look very 2002 Ford Explorer imo.

i'm not dogging it, it's a nice looking suv.