Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally!

Ordered: 08/28
09/02: Text for "2-4 weeks"
09/03: Soft matched for 09/20
09/18: Text to schedule delivery (scheduled for 09/23)

VIN = 536XX
Manufacture date = 09/17

LR MSM/White, Gemini, hitch, FSD

Reactions: Bab80
My MY delivery date was supposed to be 9/19 at Mt. Kisco, NY location.

Got email today from advisor telling me there was a rail delay and my car won’t be available until Thursday 9/24 as it’s sitting at a checkpoint in New Jersey. Immediately emailed back and called like 5x to ask why it would take 6 days to be delivered to NY when NJ is a neighboring state. Never got any responses and nobody picked up the phone.

Got a random text from Tesla saying my MY had arrived on site and to schedule a new delivery time at an earlier day or to keep my 9/24 reservation that it was just changed to this morning. So after all this I could have held my initial appointment for tomorrow 9/19 but now it’s moved to 9/20.

Definitely happy! But damn Tesla has got to get their *sugar* together with their customer service. Most valuable car company in the world and a $60k car should not have this many issues.

wow! this thing got really fast! from SA calling 2 days ago with VIN and still in production, and now i m picking up Sunday morning, funny is they only gave me 4 hours to choose the pickup date and time!!! very excited!!!
do we have a checklist of stuff i have to pay attention before accepting the CAR?

I really don't trust Tesla and their SA's. As I have said before, I'm on MY 2 as my first W/W didn't work out so hot. I was back in the queue beginning on Sept. Got a new VIN assigned Sept 7th of 44xxx with a build date of 9/4. The tesla was on its way. I scheduled a delivery date on 9/17 in Minnesota. I knew from my last delivery, this would take 10 days or so, so I figured 9/17 would be doable, if not maybe earlier.

I called 9/12 and was told it was in Wyoming on a train. I was told by this SA that it would take a few days to reach Chicago, then 6 hours on a truck to Minnesota. So my delivery day would be 9/17, maybe even 9/16. That person told me they would call me on Monday 9/13 to see how things were progressing. On Monday I get a call that its still in Wyoming. They said maybe it is pinging an old location, but not to worry yet, 9/17 should still be okay. I call the next day and I'm told it is still in Wyoming and my Thursday date is unlikely, but let's keep it for now.... They will call me if it needs to be changed.

Wednesday evening rolls around and I call them. My delivery is less than 24 hours out. They claimed they meant to call me, but they hadn't gotten to me yet. I ask them where my car is and they say Wyoming. She seems very confused and asks to call me back later. I get a call a bit later... "Sir, your car is in Wyoming and everything is good. There's no delay. Our system shouldn't have given you such an early date... let's schedule for Tuesday 9/22". I'm very skeptical, to say the least.

I call again today 9/18, and I get a different SA. This one tells me that my car is in NEW JERSEY and has been for a few days. Obviously confused, I ask for her to clarify and all she would say is that it isnt stuck in WY (anymore), it has been stuck in New Jersey, but it's on its way now. I should hopefully get it on 9/22, but they aren't entirely sure. Someone will be calling me soon.

Sorry for the long rant, but needed to get this out there. I do not trust anything the SAs say. I'm glad the one today had the decency to explain a little bit of what was going on...but I had two SAs back to back lie to me. Sigh.

Ordered Sept 7 and saw 2-4 weeks turn into 7-11 weeks on the website. Just got notified that my car left the factory yesterday and I'll take delivery on the 26th. 51xxx VIN. Long range red with white interior, 19" wheels.

Delivery setup txt came out of the blue. No VIN still on my account on website. But a call to the general # quickly got me all the information I needed. We even able to move delivery appt days out by 1 as I'd be out of town on days the website allowed me to pick.

And FYI, for at least my trade-in and the Phoenix market, Tesla trade-in quote was higher than Carvana and close to KBB mid-pt.

Ordered Sept 7 and saw 2-4 weeks turn into 7-11 weeks on the website. Just got notified that my car left the factory yesterday and I'll take delivery on the 26th. 51xxx VIN. Long range red with white interior, 19" wheels.

Delivery setup txt came out of the blue. No VIN still on my account on website. But a call to the general # quickly got me all the information I needed. We even able to move delivery appt days out by 1 as I'd be out of town on days the website allowed me to pick.

And FYI, for at least my trade-in and the Phoenix market, Tesla trade-in quote was higher than Carvana and close to KBB mid-pt.

Congrats! Enjoy the vacay. In Tempe. Ordered MSM/Black/Geminis/No Tow on 08/31. Got the 9-13 days txt yesterday. No other updates. The mysteries of Tesla logistics continue...

964FB5A5-4CA0-45C8-850C-ABC603093289.jpeg 964FB5A5-4CA0-45C8-850C-ABC603093289.jpeg 338FE123-23FB-44F4-989B-AF55851AC2A1.jpeg This morning I went to the Tesla store (STL) to get the 411 on my order and they had this baby out front. Apparently the poor chap who ordered this had his loan fall through. I ponied up the extra dough (I had on order the base model) and here we are. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Just got notified from Mount Kisco as well. Delayed delivery from tomorrow until Thursday.. I am not happy. That’s another week basically and they said the car is only in New Jersey a neighboring state of NY.
I drove to Mt Kisco around 530 pm tonight since I was not receiving any responses to my emails or texts. When I got there, the place was a mad house with multiple deliveries. One of the SA's looked up my RN and the car was listed as available for delivery. So now I am back to picking up the car tomorrow.

I really don't trust Tesla and their SA's. As I have said before, I'm on MY 2 as my first W/W didn't work out so hot. I was back in the queue beginning on Sept. Got a new VIN assigned Sept 7th of 44xxx with a build date of 9/4. The tesla was on its way. I scheduled a delivery date on 9/17 in Minnesota. I knew from my last delivery, this would take 10 days or so, so I figured 9/17 would be doable, if not maybe earlier.

I called 9/12 and was told it was in Wyoming on a train. I was told by this SA that it would take a few days to reach Chicago, then 6 hours on a truck to Minnesota. So my delivery day would be 9/17, maybe even 9/16. That person told me they would call me on Monday 9/13 to see how things were progressing. On Monday I get a call that its still in Wyoming. They said maybe it is pinging an old location, but not to worry yet, 9/17 should still be okay. I call the next day and I'm told it is still in Wyoming and my Thursday date is unlikely, but let's keep it for now.... They will call me if it needs to be changed.

Wednesday evening rolls around and I call them. My delivery is less than 24 hours out. They claimed they meant to call me, but they hadn't gotten to me yet. I ask them where my car is and they say Wyoming. She seems very confused and asks to call me back later. I get a call a bit later... "Sir, your car is in Wyoming and everything is good. There's no delay. Our system shouldn't have given you such an early date... let's schedule for Tuesday 9/22". I'm very skeptical, to say the least.

I call again today 9/18, and I get a different SA. This one tells me that my car is in NEW JERSEY and has been for a few days. Obviously confused, I ask for her to clarify and all she would say is that it isnt stuck in WY (anymore), it has been stuck in New Jersey, but it's on its way now. I should hopefully get it on 9/22, but they aren't entirely sure. Someone will be calling me soon.

Sorry for the long rant, but needed to get this out there. I do not trust anything the SAs say. I'm glad the one today had the decency to explain a little bit of what was going on...but I had two SAs back to back lie to me. Sigh.
Man, sorry to hear what you’ve gone through. That’s just frustrating.
Just today, I’ve gotten some news that my car may be delayed. Here’s what’s happened to me so far:
  • On 9/10, my delivery appointment was set for 9/24 because the ETA for the vehicle was 9/23. My SA scheduled the appointment for me so I’ve never received a text from Tesla about expected arrival date or to schedule a delivery date.
  • Called my SC on 9/16 to check in on status of my delivery so I can time my trade in. I’m told my car has an ETA of 9/21 but the last ping for my car was Milpitas, CA (I’m almost certain this is where they ship the cars by rail to the east coast). Was told to call back in a couple of days to check on status because the car could still arrive on 9/21.
  • Call the SC again today to check on status and a different person tells me my ETA is 10/1. Wtf. I ask him to check the ping location and he tells me Milpitas. I ask him for the date of the ping...answer, 9/8, which is when my car was manufactured.
I’m hoping the data in their system isn’t truly up to date and that my car will still arrive sometime between 9/21-9/23.

When I start seeing east coast folks take deliveries of VINs in the 49xxx range, then I’m going to assume my car is in the same shipment batch (my VIN is 49xxx).

Damn. Salespeople suck. If only there was some kind of customer facing screen that shows tracking/location information. That's a cool idea, UPS or FedEx should do something like that.

• Funny
Reactions: KyleATMn
I drove to Mt Kisco around 530 pm tonight since I was not receiving any responses to my emails or texts. When I got there, the place was a mad house with multiple deliveries. One of the SA's looked up my RN and the car was listed as available for delivery. So now I am back to picking up the car tomorrow.
Hmm, interesting...what’s your VIN?
I wonder if they would’ve known your car was there if you had called and spoke to someone...

I am in the same boat, wondering the same question - has my car been sitting in their lot for a month? I order a long time ago and kept pushing off/cancelling it, b/c I wanted at least 50K cars coming off the line before I picked up mine. I cancelled early August and I could swear they told me that the VIN on the car that I cancelled was 49XXX. I just looked at my MVPA for the car they want me to pick up next week - VIN is 49XXX; also says, "Accepted by Customer on: 8/7/20". I think this is the same car sitting around. Based on this thread, it seems like many folks ordered after me and have ended up with much later VINs. Feels like TSLA Manhasset is playing some games here.

Don't think you can tell much by the VIN. Mine is 36XXX, born 8/23. So it got to NJ in 2 weeks which seems reasonable. BUT at that time, there were lots of folks getting VINs in the low to mid 4s.

My personal theory is you do in fact get a VIN or at least your configuration gets a VIN before it is batched making the VIN sequence only vaguely relevant to the production sequence.

Congrats! Enjoy the vacay. In Tempe. Ordered MSM/Black/Geminis/No Tow on 08/31. Got the 9-13 days txt yesterday. No other updates. The mysteries of Tesla logistics continue...
Hey guys,
7/19 order here. PMY w/w, no-tow. VIN issued Wednesday but was told it finished production today and would ship over the weekend. Stay off the I-5... apparently it's all Tesla's heading to SoCal and AZ.

They are really not wasting time... MVPA uploaded earlier this morning, and just now I received a text which states:

“Tesla update - Your Model Y is on its way to the Las Vegas Delivery Center!

Please select your appointment at <link> by tonight.”

I was surprised the only date available is Saturday. I thought I was supposed to have three days to choose from? I guess my delivery is on the 19th. I did not at all expect I would get the vehicle by the end of the quarter but not complaining!

I was notified by my SA today that my vehicle was born on the 16th. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Reactions: nyghthawk
View attachment 589721 View attachment 589721 View attachment 589722 This morning I went to the Tesla store (STL) to get the 411 on my order and they had this baby out front. Apparently the poor chap who ordered this had his loan fall through. I ponied up the extra dough (I had on order the base model) and here we are. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Congrats!!! Its beautiful, I ordered the same configuration waiting on delivery the next few days! Its beautiful.

I texted the sales guy that was assigned to us for an update after he let me know the car may be arriving early. No response.. We called the sales and finally got through. This guy was really nice and told us that the car is already in Paramus, NJ. We told him we are out of town from 9/20-25 and asked if we can do the delivery tomorrow(Saturday 9/19) instead of 9/22 that was scheduled by Tesla. He said they have a packed schedule but it slows down at 5pm so he gave us that slot for delivery. We are hoping the car is in good condition and anything that's wrong would be minor enough to accept it.. fingers crossed!

White/Black, 19' wheels.

Man, sorry to hear what you’ve gone through. That’s just frustrating.
Just today, I’ve gotten some news that my car may be delayed. Here’s what’s happened to me so far:
  • On 9/10, my delivery appointment was set for 9/24 because the ETA for the vehicle was 9/23. My SA scheduled the appointment for me so I’ve never received a text from Tesla about expected arrival date or to schedule a delivery date.
  • Called my SC on 9/16 to check in on status of my delivery so I can time my trade in. I’m told my car has an ETA of 9/21 but the last ping for my car was Milpitas, CA (I’m almost certain this is where they ship the cars by rail to the east coast). Was told to call back in a couple of days to check on status because the car could still arrive on 9/21.
  • Call the SC again today to check on status and a different person tells me my ETA is 10/1. Wtf. I ask him to check the ping location and he tells me Milpitas. I ask him for the date of the ping...answer, 9/8, which is when my car was manufactured.
I’m hoping the data in their system isn’t truly up to date and that my car will still arrive sometime between 9/21-9/23.

When I start seeing east coast folks take deliveries of VINs in the 49xxx range, then I’m going to assume my car is in the same shipment batch (my VIN is 49xxx).

That's pretty dumb too. Reading this thread, I know others have it bad, or even way way worse, but I feel like a fool. I'm the only one in my circle that is *attempting* to buy a tesla and I've been met with a lot of doubt. This process has been extremely difficult and it's almost an "I told you so" from everyone around me with traditional cars. Your situation is like mine where you get your hopes up and they get let down. If my 2nd MY is as bad or worse than the 1st, I will unfortunately walk away and let Tesla simmer for a bit. Such a bummer because I am pretty much obsessed with all things Tesla over the past few months. Sorry about your situation. I hope you car is close to you and in perfect health!

That's pretty dumb too. Reading this thread, I know others have it bad, or even way way worse, but I feel like a fool. I'm the only one in my circle that is *attempting* to buy a tesla and I've been met with a lot of doubt. This process has been extremely difficult and it's almost an "I told you so" from everyone around me with traditional cars. Your situation is like mine where you get your hopes up and they get let down. If my 2nd MY is as bad or worse than the 1st, I will unfortunately walk away and let Tesla simmer for a bit. Such a bummer because I am pretty much obsessed with all things Tesla over the past few months. Sorry about your situation. I hope you car is close to you and in perfect health!
Thanks. Good luck with yours (hopefully) on 9/22. Let us know how you make out!

Model Y delivered!

The Las Vegas SC was quite busy this morning. A number of deliveries scheduled along with mine. There were a few employees in the lot but I was able to inspect my vehicle prior to going in to sign off and hand over the check.

The vehicle, in my opinion, surpassed my expectations. The quality, fit, and finish were all within spec. I did not see any noticeable panel gaps; there were a few minor cosmetic issues which are set forth:

1) There appears to be residue under the driver side trim;

2) The door handle for the driver is slightly recessed;

3) The driver door may be misaligned but not enough for me to bother with an appointment l;

4) There is a scuff/scratch in the rear plastic diffuser;

5) The front corner of the trim in passenger side looks like it might have tape still on it. I tried to pick it off but was not successful;

6) There is some sort of residue on the front passenger fender;

7) the plastic on the rear driver side seat seems to be misaligned but does not bother me; and

8) the weather strip on the front passenger door looks like it needs to be adjusted. You will see what I am talking about in the pictures.

Any potential issues with paint will be addressed when I take it next week to get wrapped. I will post a separate thread for that as well as interior updates (You May notice some alreadybinstalled in the pictures)

The only issue potential issue worth looking at but I can’t seem to capture it on camera is is on the passenger front door there are waves in the door. They are not dents but it definitely looks like it is thin metal. I am not well versed in auto body work to articulate how it looks but from the right angle, you can see waves in the metal.

View attachment 589981 View attachment 589982 View attachment 589983 View attachment 589984 View attachment 589985 View attachment 589986 View attachment 589987 View attachment 589988 View attachment 589989