Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MY on 8/19 after canceling 2 week old order for a M3. Wife suggested we go and sit in them and I was in fact more comfortable in the Y being big and tall 6’4”
I drive approx 190 miles round trip each workday, M-F and really needed a car that can do most of the work to get me to NYC
Will be a very welcome change from the Prius Prime
hoping it comes soon !
I’m 6’6” and coming from a MX and I fit just fine. This is going to be a great daily car. Plenty of room! Can’t wait to next week’s delivery!

Ordered MY on 8/19 after canceling 2 week old order for a M3. Wife suggested we go and sit in them and I was in fact more comfortable in the Y being big and tall 6’4”
I drive approx 190 miles round trip each workday, M-F and really needed a car that can do most of the work to get me to NYC
Will be a very welcome change from the Prius Prime
hoping it comes soon !

That was kind of where I came out. Although I've entered the old age shrinking stage so I'm more like 6'3" now. I had decided the M3 didn't work for me when I tried it in early March. I was a little skeptical as the M3 just didn't fit/feel good for me. But the MY seems so much roomier. That and the lack of a tow hitch for my bikes for the M3.

• Informative
Reactions: LicenseToDrive
Model Y LR AWD Black paint, White interior, no FSD, Induction wheels, no hitch
Ordered 8/1
Changed paint from red to black 8/11
Received VIN 404XX today! (8/18)

Being loaded onto train today (8/25) in route for Chicago, then will travel to MPLS via semi. Estimated delivery is Labor Day (9/7), pretty good for an 8/1 order from Minnesota with these options IMO.

Reactions: KyleATMn
Good Look, I joined over the weekend myself and have been reading posts and watching my Tesla account like a hawk.

Ordered: 7/13
MY LR AWD White on White, 20’s/No FSD
No Vin Yet
Last Texted Received 8/11: Stated 3-6 Weeks from that date. Hoping Your News gives Hope before the end of the Month hopefully.

SA Reached out and said my MY it was being Built on 8/22
Just got the Text... Stating that it Leaving CA on it was to SC
Scheduled Delivery for 9/7 @12pm.
Hoping for a Great Delivery Experience
Vin: 378**

Ordered 7/28 - White on White with 20's - just got VIN # today and notice that car finished production and is on the way! VIN is 40500 range. Picking up in Princeton NJ

I was in a few days later. Hopefully they can find room for a red one on that truck when it heads for princeton / lawrenceville

Did you order from them or online. I did it there and thought the rep (dully) I had was OK.

I was in a few days later. Hopefully they can find room for a red one on that truck when it heads for princeton / lawrenceville

Did you order from them or online. I did it there and thought the rep (dully) I had was OK.

Yes hopefully yours is coming too. Seems like they come in batches. I did the test drive and ordered online myself about a week later. Alex was my rep - called me right after the order was placed to attach the car to the Princeton location.

Being loaded onto train today (8/25) in route for Chicago, then will travel to MPLS via semi. Estimated delivery is Labor Day (9/7), pretty good for an 8/1 order from Minnesota with these options IMO.
We must be on the same train! Unfortunately due to work and a 2+ hr drive to Eden Priarie, have to wait to 9/10 for pickup. If you see a blue and white interior with induction send me some pics!!

MY Performance, Blue, No FSD, Black Interior
Ordered 8/20
8/25 - Text for 1-3 week delivery
Currently waiting on VIN.

This seems unusually fast to me. Anyone know if this might be a rejected delivery they are trying to push to me?

Reactions: CO_MY
Model Y LR AWD White, No FSD, Gemini wheels, White Interior.
Ordered: 8/8

Got my 2-5 week text message Wednesday of last week.

Still waiting on a VIN and a delivery date. =[

Just got a call this evening from my sales advisor saying my car came in early and is ready for pickup? They confirmed that it is not a reject, pre-own, or floor model. VIN is ...035xxx. Does this sound right? Should I be on guard for anything specific?

Sounds like they accelerated production, so I hope it's not a reject.

MY Ordered on 8/19
Text for 2-4 week delivery today 8/25
Still waiting on VIN.
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
I was contemplating upgrading to the 20" Induction wheels and hitch, but I won't now. Don't want to delay delivery.

MY Ordered on 8/19
Still waiting on VIN.
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
I was contemplating upgrading to the 20" Induction wheels and hitch, but I won't now. Don't want to delay delivery.

How do you get that detailed information about being loaded on a train on a specific date? My SA is nearly impossible to reach, but at least I was able to schedule my pickup with the local service center.

Anyway, I think my new Y is on the same train as well as it is supposed to arrive in Chicago next week and then I'm scheduled to pick it up in Chicago on September 3rd.

Good luck everyone!

MY Ordered on 8/19
Still waiting on VIN.
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
The hitch may slow you down but the induction wheels won’t.