Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had read that and promptly forgot about it. I'll definitely bring my checkbook, reference that. Of course if it comes down it, I'll probably cave.

As an interesting (or perhaps not), she told me certified check. I happen to know that is not the same as a cashier's check.

I picked up my MY today at Cherry Hill. Personal check wasn't an issue. No questions were asked.
VIN: 41xxx
BKzu0Go.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Reborn and ejkcy25
Do share your experience. I am still waiting for a VIN to be assigned, ordered on 7/28 and the delivery location is at Springfield. But my SA is from Lawrenceville.

Wow, Central Jersey rolling deep in this thread. Looks like you ordered a couple weeks before me so looks like my financing will expire if you didn't even get a VIN yet. Oh well. I'll probably just pay in cash. That was the plan originally, but hard to say no to 2% financing.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
Earlier I took Delivery of my Model Y White on White LR AWD w/20’s.
I must say it was quite easy delivery process and the Delivery Advisor was very helpful along the way.
I did find a few minor things but I made sure that the Delivery Advisor notated for the service appointment.
The paint was flawless. No overspray or unpainted areas. Minor adjustments are needed to the doors where they are not aligned. No panel gaps at all, everything was even. The coat hanger on right rear inside passenger would not close assumption it just the spring inside. Lastly, the left light assemblies were not flush as the opposite side was.
I did notice that the Air conditioner was blowing warm air when at 74 but when I turned it down to 72 it was cooling again. Outside temp was about 78-80 degrees, weird but I’ll keep my eye on it and I’ll let them know about that. The A/C compressor was loud but it was faint. Assuming it has the additional dampening around it. Overall I am very happy with this purchase and did accept delivery. FYI She’s quick on her feet.

37D8A192-B12E-4144-BA1D-1431588B703E.jpeg

85E14BCE-F9BF-4455-8D2C-4F5A164921B8.jpeg

A3D0897B-3A37-4A80-AA77-7EC33D7E5D5D.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
Earlier I took Delivery of my Model Y White on White LR AWD w/20’s.
I must say it was quite easy delivery process and the Delivery Advisor was very helpful along the way.
I did find a few minor things but I made sure that the Delivery Advisor notated for the service appointment.
The paint was flawless. No overspray or unpainted areas. Minor adjustments are needed to the doors where they are not aligned. No panel gaps at all, everything was even. The coat hanger on right rear inside passenger would not close assumption it just the spring inside. Lastly, the left light assemblies were not flush as the opposite side was.
I did notice that the Air conditioner was blowing warm air when at 74 but when I turned it down to 72 it was cooling again. Outside temp was about 78-80 degrees, weird but I’ll keep my eye on it and I’ll let them know about that. The A/C compressor was loud but it was faint. Assuming it has the additional dampening around it. Overall I am very happy with this purchase and did accept delivery. FYI She’s quick on her feet.

View attachment 585697
View attachment 585695
View attachment 585696
Do you mind taking a pic of the rear bumper when its in the shade? Thank you!

• Disagree
Reactions: sherlockw
Ordered 8/9
MVPA 9/6
VIN 37xxx
Pick-up scheduled 9/10 in Mt. Kisco, NY
Metallic blue, LR AWD w/ FSD
* I was surprised my VIN is 37xxx when others who ordered after me are getting models with VINs 42, 44 and 45xxx. I’ll find the date of manufacture Thursday when I pick it up.

Ordered 8/9
MVPA 9/6
VIN 37xxx
Pick-up scheduled 9/10 in Mt. Kisco, NY
Metallic blue, LR AWD w/ FSD
* I was surprised my VIN is 37xxx when others who ordered after me are getting models with VINs 42, 44 and 45xxx. I’ll find the date of manufacture Thursday when I pick it up.
mine is low 36xxx. It's date is 8/23. i was blaming my low VIN on the hitch (mostly) and red.

Reactions: Rg3500
The main issue I had when I picked up our MY today was that when we drove off, I quickly realized that the steering wheel was misaligned and not straight. We basically turned around, asked for it to be fixed. We thought they wouldn't do it today but surprisingly they did. Put it on the alignment machine and made some adjustments. Took about an hour. They told me they drove the car around the block for check up this morning and didn't notice this. Not sure how they missed this to be honest since I noticed it within 30 seconds of driving off the lot. I'm sure the pre-delivery check up was rushed.

There were 2 other ladies there picking up Ys next to me. We literally got there early and inspected the car for an hour, 3 of us. The ladies, got in the vehicle, signed papers and drove off. No checks. Probably more satisfied than me. lol

• Funny
Reactions: Rg3500
Question for those who actual have their MY.

The downloaded owner's manual suggests that you have to connect a USB to the inductive charging pad while I see most checklists have that. Seems inconvenient while checking to be routing a cable. Is it really not connected?

The main issue I had when I picked up our MY today was that when we drove off, I quickly realized that the steering wheel was misaligned and not straight. We basically turned around, asked for it to be fixed. We thought they wouldn't do it today but surprisingly they did. Put it on the alignment machine and made some adjustments. Took about an hour. They told me they drove the car around the block for check up this morning and didn't notice this. Not sure how they missed this to be honest since I noticed it within 30 seconds of driving off the lot. I'm sure the pre-delivery check up was rushed.

There were 2 other ladies there picking up Ys next to me. We literally got there early and inspected the car for an hour, 3 of us. The ladies, got in the vehicle, signed papers and drove off. No checks. Probably more satisfied than me. lol
You had white, right? Paint looked good?

Picked up yesterday in Charlotte, quality is good though there were a few things that were a bit dirty which you’d like to think they would take care of. View attachment 585700

Looks great! What was your VIN # range? I'll be picking up from Charlotte in a couple of weeks. Will be my 2nd time picking up there (first time was last year with an M3 and delivery was great). Also, any word on when that Supercharger in downtown Charleston is supposed to be finished?

Looks great! What was your VIN # range? I'll be picking up from Charlotte in a couple of weeks. Will be my 2nd time picking up there (first time was last year with an M3 and delivery was great). Also, any word on when that Supercharger in downtown Charleston is supposed to be finished?

This VIN was 30,8xx which had me a bit concerned, but it was built on 8/11 so it has the newer door buttons but just missed the newer tail lights. I was there a couple months ago for service on our Model S and the quality of this car was much better than the ones I had seen on the lot at that time.

Lots of rumors over the past couple years for the Charleston supercharger, but no evidence of one being build anywhere in town unfortunately.