Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aussie queues this long weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hubby (Model Y) left to go to Coffs Harbour at 3.30am this morning thinking he would beat the queues. Got to Port Macquarie and rang to say there were 8 in the queue waiting and more still pulling up. The ChargeFox close by has been out of service for months.

Seems we still have an issue with not enough charging stations given the surge in purchase of EV's lately. Seriously, it's just not that complicated to ensure that there are the facilities out there for us. I hope that by Xmas this is sorted out.

Anyone else out there seeing long queues to charge?

Reactions: positiv and coref1
Port Macquarie - RN.. Queues up and down the coast as you'd expect.

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_e79b6340-7189-4b5f-9b2a-323a3cd8207c.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_e79b6340-7189-4b5f-9b2a-323a3cd8207c.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: Gayle S
Since late '21 I now travel overnight between Adel - Melb. Horsham still only a measly 3 stalls! and my old girl requires 1:20 to charge to get to Keith with 3%!
Damn, thats cutting it close. Some new stalls would be good. Both Chargefox are now fixed in Horsham.

On the way to Melbourne I skipped Ballarat and used the new Evie Ararat charger, saved me a bunch of time.

Reactions: m4rtin
Seems we still have an issue with not enough charging stations given the surge in purchase of EV's lately. Seriously, it's just not that complicated to ensure that there are the facilities out there for us.
Thats why I prefer that the Guvment spend on charging infrastructure instead of giving people financial incentives to buy an EV

Since late '21 I now travel overnight between Adel - Melb. Horsham still only a measly 3 stalls! and my old girl requires 1:20 to charge to get to Keith with 3%!
I was surprised when they took away the 2-stall. I thought the two sites would still be needed.

There is now an extra 10 stalls at Ballarat (16 stalls total over two sites) but this might not help with skipping Horsham unless you have a LR.

Reactions: AussieOwner
It just so happens that this long weekend is only in some states so queues are only noticed in some areas. e.g. lots of NSW/Qld travel, but not as much NSW/Vic travel. The 12-stall at Campbelltown, 6-stall at Exeter and currently-in-build 12-stall at Yass would help if there was Vic travel.

These are the new site Tesla is planning to build on the Pacific Highway but none in build yet (that we know of... if anyone is driving near these locations, keep an eye out!)

1696048436341.png

Hubby (Model Y) left to go to Coffs Harbour at 3.30am this morning thinking he would beat the queues. Got to Port Macquarie and rang to say there were 8 in the queue waiting and more still pulling up. The ChargeFox close by has been out of service for months.

Seems we still have an issue with not enough charging stations given the surge in purchase of EV's lately. Seriously, it's just not that complicated to ensure that there are the facilities out there for us. I hope that by Xmas this is sorted out.

Anyone else out there seeing long queues to charge?
3.30am from where? If Canberra, that means leaving Sydney at the same time as everyone else

It just so happens that this long weekend is only in some states so queues are only noticed in some areas. e.g. lots of NSW/Qld travel, but not as much NSW/Vic travel. The 12-stall at Campbelltown, 6-stall at Exeter and currently-in-build 12-stall at Yass would help if there was Vic travel.

These are the new site Tesla is planning to build on the Pacific Highway but none in build yet (that we know of... if anyone is driving near these locations, keep an eye out!)

View attachment 978353
Yeah I think the Sydney to QLD route is where they've fallen behind the most with infrastructure. I'm heading from Sydney to Surfers on Monday myself and not looking forward to the queues.

Hubby (Model Y) left to go to Coffs Harbour at 3.30am this morning thinking he would beat the queues.
I have only done one long weekend EV trip so far, so not a lot of experience. I started later in the day because everyone else seems to start early to “beat the queue”. We also bought drive thru takeaway food from a non-SC stop so that we can eat in Horsham while we waited in the queue (only 3 cars deep). Best move because everything was closed for the long weekend. It also helped us avoid peak hours and the rest of the SCs were nearly empty.

Reactions: mike_j
11:00 to 15:00 is four hours which is not that helpful when you only get 3 hours driving and should stop ever 2 hours. Port Macquarie had long queues at Christmas, 10 months later there are lots more Teslas. The North Coast route to Queensland between Newcastle and the Gold Coast is a bit neglected for DCFC now that the Hume to Canberra is well covered.

It’s good to see that white is still the most popular
I think it is not entirely clear it's the most popular. It's just the colour that does not come with an extra charge. For some people choosing any colour other than white (prior to 1 Jul 23) causes the whole transaction to incur LCT and therefore eliminates the FBT exemption

If Elon decided tomorrow that Grey is the default colour, then the majority of cars would be grey.

I think it is not entirely clear it's the most popular. It's just the colour that does not come with an extra charge. For some people choosing any colour other than white (prior to 1 Jul 23) causes the whole transaction to incur LCT and therefore eliminates the FBT exemption

If Elon decided tomorrow that Grey is the default colour, then the majority of cars would be grey.
I think white is best in hot countries like where you and I live....in fact I paid extra for the white interior