Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done exactly this a few times and it is rather scary.

On other news, the wipers are completely broken. Going super fast when it is very light drizzle, then stopping when it gets heavy. Hoping for a fix on that too.
Slow learner here. I’ve been mixing D and R with the stalks on a pre-M3H rental. Nearly hit a pot plant at the AirBnB. It does not feel intuitive to me to flick down for forward and up for reverse but I’ve never driven a column shift. It makes sense if I look at the stalk itself but mostly that is obscured. Now I always start cautiously but am getting the hang of them dang stalks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
Slow learner here. I’ve been mixing D and R with the stalks on a pre-M3H rental. Nearly hit a pot plant at the AirBnB. It does not feel intuitive to me to flick down for forward and up for reverse but I’ve never driven a column shift. It makes sense if I look at the stalk itself but mostly that is obscured. Now I always start cautiously but am getting the hang of them dang stalks.
Using creep mode is a good short term option until you are used to the direction. It saves using the accelerator to find out which direction you are about to go.

Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
In other news FSD V12 is finally out in the wild. First videos should be coming out in the next hour or two. First impressions have been extremely positive. Included in 2023.44.30.12 (I don't expect it to be available in Australia, can only hope that changes in the coming months)

https://x.com/TeslaREDJules/status/1749259713680900464?s=20

1705893993055.png

Not sure if its been asked before, but can you turn the rear screen off via the front screen?
As i would rarely have anyone back there im wondering if it can be turned off to save power, useage and any glare. I could then get a cover for it to keep it mint for if someone does sit in the back.
A cover would also stop the dog licking it and putting random dog videos on YouTube back there

Reactions: primedive
Not sure if its been asked before, but can you turn the rear screen off via the front screen?
As i would rarely have anyone back there im wondering if it can be turned off to save power, useage and any glare. I could then get a cover for it to keep it mint for if someone does sit in the back.
A cover would also stop the dog licking it and putting random dog videos on YouTube back there
I'm pretty sure I've seen an option for that

Reactions: dronus
Permanent setting for me
Yeah i think ill do the same. If im near the car it would be easy for someone to steal, like at night if im inside.

Do you know... (if the pin wasnt on) if someone got in the car and started to drive off, if they didnt have your phone or card with them, would the car stop? Or can you disable the car remotely?

My current car carries on like a headless chicken when it cant detect the keyfob anymore, and if it is in park it wont shift back into gear.