Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was your door open?
hrmmm cant remember now to think of it will have to test again

I also read somewhere if car volume was turned down low before the game started the the game will be low, ie can only change up/down vol in game, the vol button rocker on steering wheel has no affect once games started

will blast vol loud and then start game again (with door closed) to test :)

on a positive note, took it to the shops today lots of tight reverse parking, forward parking, swiping up/down screen, worked very well

tomorrows big day of coating/tinting and interior protection planned, will post some pics when I get a chance once all is done

Reactions: Jules22
Few observations from todays local driving.

1. I love this car.

2. I took a petrolhead nonbeliever friend for a drive. It was hot today and once i showed him how to open the door he got in. Looked around and said “holy dooly, this is really nice” yep, and at precooled 20 degrees when it was so hot out there it was double nice.
Took him for a drive, he was mesmerised and impressed which is saying something.

3. Reluctantly had to park at some local shops. Not many options but i found a spot away from most others. I actually really like the new parking 3d thing. Using that in conjunction with the mirrors i nailed it first time. Checking sentry mode when i got back i saw a few people pointing and taking photos of the car, thats heaps cool.

4. The m3h looks like a sports car in the carpark. All the generic SUVs look so dated.

5. Dang i love driving this car.

6. I put waze on my phone and sent the alerts to the car. The phone can just sit on the wireless charger, no need to add on the holder i bought, works well.

7. Got it back in the shed, played some games, cranked some tunes. Awesome.

View attachment 1015147View attachment 1015149

Yes it does look like a sports car! Especially when you're driving and you see this bit in your side mirror almost like an Audi r8 or lambo or something bulging out, super sporty

1707046955929.png

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
Hey all booking in a service on the Tesla app for mobile technician, if I choose Alexandria as location Im able to get an appointment 12th of Feb, however if I choose my suburb, it pushes me out to Feb 29th!

Its a mobile service right so why does changing location affect the date?

need them to look at a few things

1. Rattle sound when travelling over 80kmph
2. Rattle when pumping bass heavy song from front left speaker

Am I better of updating to my real suburb or leaving it as Alexandria?

Reactions: Jules22
lol, no pics, but she is looking all pretty again. I did try last night to see if I could make the matrix headlights work in the driveway to do a demo, but nah, was too hard and was too tired to feel like driving far enough away to get the high beams going to test it.
I was thinking about giving mine a wash today now that it has cooled down out there. Ive got some autoglym and new wash mittons ready to go! (After the foam soak)

Reactions: AusMar and Jules22
I suspect it's a combination of Advanced selection, vehicle hardware and potentially software options as well as region. Then on top of that they'd have to stagger releases out so as to not overwhelm the system.

Obviously on top of all that you have the vagaries of the notifications going out, I've seen in software develoment previously how much of a variance there can be to when you send notifcations out and when they actually appear on various phones, etc.

I suspect it's a combination of Advanced selection, vehicle hardware and potentially software options as well as region. Then on top of that they'd have to stagger releases out so as to not overwhelm the system.
If you go back through the TMC files you will see that people have been discussing this here for 5 years or more.

In all that time there have been plenty of theories put forward about what affects it - Advanced button, FSD, etcetera - and in all that time the best evidence seems to say that the only things affecting it are car model and region (excepting that Tesla Service can specifically push an update to a particular car). Apart from that it seems to just be a random selection - they clearly do a gradual ramping rollout of software releases, and sometimes you'll see them squash a release during rollout, presumably because some bug became apparent once it was sent out to a wider fleet that wasn't seen in the testing before release.

So anyway, sometimes you'll get a software release early, sometimes late. Don't sweat it - let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty, and become wind. Turn on Advanced if you like.